Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KJO

Your Opinion On Small Engine Transport.

Which one would you want to own first?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Just wondering, which bike all you guys/girls would prefer for day-to-day use?

Guest KJO

Is there a reason for this? What purpose would you use it for? thanks for your time

post-11216-1174959892.jpg

While #2 is pretty cool, it's too heavy probably to use as a normal bike, plus when it starts raining, you'll get completely covered with mud and dirt. Scooters are more convenient, they offer some weather protection, luggage area and they're still small enough to hit some bicycle lanes when the roads are too congested (at least over here in the netherlands where we have such bicycle lanes).

#2 would be cool in the summer if you don't have to carry any bags or something with you, but for day to day use it would be too impractical, more of a leasure time vehicle than a commuting bike.

Purely based on looks, I'd go for #2, but for practicality #1, so for me the perfect combination was this:

DSC002791.jpg

Unfortunately it got stolen last weekend..

Guest tiro

I also would better choose #1, because it is much more practical. Although #2 would probably make mor fun to ride.

Guest KJO
While #2 is pretty cool, it's too heavy probably to use as a normal bike, plus when it starts raining, you'll get completely covered with mud and dirt. Scooters are more convenient, they offer some weather protection, luggage area and they're still small enough to hit some bicycle lanes when the roads are too congested (at least over here in the netherlands where we have such bicycle lanes).

#2 would be cool in the summer if you don't have to carry any bags or something with you, but for day to day use it would be too impractical, more of a leasure time vehicle than a commuting bike.

Purely based on looks, I'd go for #2, but for practicality #1, so for me the perfect combination was this:

DSC002791.jpg

Unfortunately it got stolen last weekend..

Cheers for your feed back Renzsu, sorry to hear bout your scooter. Scooters are very convenient I agree, but do you think there could be a market for super a lightweight, more 'sporty' looking scooter? My current project is to graft a scooter and a motocross bike. And to make it as practical as a scooter is going to be an interesting challenge. That mountain bike looking motorbike is pretty cool it only weighs 36kg, if you want to see more

http://www.scorpausa.com/?trigger=bikes&bikeid=4Tricks

Thanks again.