Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IDTkid

2x 4 Hours Mixed Media Renderings

Guest IDTkid

The first rendering is simply of some futuristic laptopish, electronic unit. The second is a Porsche inspired toaster. Both were done on Canson paper with Prismacolor markers, pastel, colored pencils and a lil gouche paint. Feel free to leave comments or ask questions!

IMG_1265.jpg

CIMG0199.jpg

Guest snugja

first one looks fine. not a fan of the background or design but the form reads ok. As for the second one . . . well it looks flat. try making it grayscale and see what happens. it goes flat. squinting your eyes also helps with reading form.

Guest IDTkid

Tiro, good job on calling me out on my elispses (I totally fudged those when drawing them :x) Also I can totally agree with snugja about the flatness and my goofy looking christmas background. Thanks for the comments!

Guest ORCA 2J

i dont really understand the red and green scribles in the first one and how they relate to the product, i see how the car relates to the toaster as your background in the second one though. who where these for, cy, rittiger or pence?

Guest IDTkid

ORCA 2J: They were both done for Mr. Pence and as for the Christmas colored scribbles well, sadly they were just thrown on there at the last minute, definitly wouldve been better if I had no background at all. I hate doing final renders by hand and was quite frustrated and tired by the end of these renderings so my elipses and backgrounds are definitly sloppy and lacking.

You know a little bit of black marker around the edge of the toaster to give it a good strong cutting edge and then tweaking the contrast in photoshop a little might help quite a bit. Will help pull it off the page I think.

The nice thing about the digital era is you can always take a rendering with some flaws and fix them up after the fact. The Skew/distort transformations in photoshop are a great way to tweak out of proportion ellipses.

Guest IDTkid

Believe it or not I did slide the Image>Adujstments>Levels sliders to the peaks of the ends of the graph in Photoshop to up the contrast (if that made sense?) but yeah free transforming my elipses is a great idea, thanks!

Guest ORCA 2J

the ac cord of the toaster kinda bothers me, the toaster has a nice shadow, but the ac cord doesn't, making it feel like its floating in mid air

Guest IDTkid

Yeah another good point, sadly, same excuse, was tossed on at the last second to satisfy the requirements for the rendering. Again, hate doing renderings by hand, whenever I have the chance I computer generate them.