Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest krizeff ng

Why The White Pencil Colors Tend To Fade Off After The Day I Finish My Rendering?

Guest krizeff ng

Hi,

I am a student currently studying in Product and Industrials Design and I am planning to practice my rendering skill during my up-coming vocation. However, there is a problem that, every time after I finish my marker and pastel states, I will use white color pencil to outline certain edge to enhance the 3D effect of my rendering, but after a few days (or the following day) the white colors pencil outline tend to fade off or seep into the paper and change color. At first I thought I need to add color pencil after the marker ink dry, but the same problem is still there. Although I know I could use white acrylic paint to outline my image instead of using color pencil, it is difficult for a beginner like me to control the line in constant thickness. So, may I know what is the reason of causing this problem and how can I solve it? Will it relate to the material that I use, like: types of paper, types or brand of color pencil, marker brand (I usually use Copic Maker), or other affecters?

Guest russell

Just use a fixer or a paint as a substitute. Because the substance you rub on the paper with your pencil might be watercolour pencil as they fade off easily or change colour due to the chemicals from your markers or whatever.

:D

Guest fishodeath

I've had this problem when the marker is still wet (it actually takes a few days to fully dry). You can also try out one of the those white-out pens, they work pretty good.