Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Seminar video of Alberto Alessi

At december the 14th I have visited a seminar of Alberto Alessi who did a speech at the Delft University of Technology. The speech was mainly about the history of the family company, talking about their products and their different designers like Ettore Sottsass, Philippe Starck and many more who have contributed to the famous design objects of Alessi. Alberto also talked about their design philosophy and answered some questions from the public. Well, I have enjoyed the presentation :D

If you are interested in watching a streaming video of this seminar, which has a very good quality, please visit this site: http://www.io.tudelft.nl/id/alessi/

Or direct link to the video site: http://collegerama.tudelft.nl/MSL30/LiveVi...ae-8e69843c27d0

link didn't work for me in Firefox due to some Javascript problems.. Internet Explorer recommended.

Nice lecture btw, saves me a couple of bucks looking at it online :D

Btw, for those wondering what the big space left of the video is for, it's for the slides he shows, so if you watch fullscreen this might not work.

Guest greg

Thanks, really cool video !

Do you frequently have these kind of lectures at your school ? Or is this kind of exceptional ?

Yeah this is kind of exceptional.. maybe once a year we have something like this.. we also have a few excursions each year, recently visiting desinger Luigi Colani.

wow its not often that you hear about the philosophy and life time experiment toward design. But I have to say the thinking of "going to the border", focusing and more towards creative and design rather then the customer oppinion is very different but interesting. Especially the idea adapting poetic and romantic feelings in design.