Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

February 3d Modeling Challenge -

Dear Nathan:

Yes, I prefer to go with simple features first... (Just in the "creative" process, because you don't know at first the turns or changes that you want on the design. Simple features are simpler to modify).

BTW, thanks for the explanation...(so much time with that on my head).

Ciao

Guest auspirit

post-8438-1173683812.jpg

my attempt on this challenge referencing

radge's break down. still much to improve

on rendering.. :)

Guest Harris Tweed

Nathan and Ragde

Thanks for your advice on rendering chrome. I spent a lot of time changing the environment settings but it either had no effect or it would make the image far too bright.

I think I just need more practice at rendering, which is why these challenges are great exercise. It's also very good to see everyone's results.

Hey Friends:

Here we are with some more images...

post-4562-1174092198.jpg

Well guys, I think it is time to move on to the next challenge...

Ciao

Guest mcgreg

Had some time of and finished the watch. Well... at least the main part!

Here's the final result. All the letters and patterns inside the watch are extruded features (~0.01mm), which resulted in a file with ~85mb and a few hours of sketching.

post-7300-1174676408.jpg

I'm going to leave it at that and move on!

Guest ChrisDuncan

Had fun with this one.

Just have the bare bones SW, so don't have PhotoWorks so couldn't do the decal in SW.

So did this in Inventor 11. It even has a rudimentary render program, I'm just too unskilled to get very much out of it.

Did this watch as an assembly. the outer ring, the hands and the knob are all movable. Note the different settings in the pics. If ever get some time could synchronize the movements and do a AVI.

Two separate decals, one for the face, one for the outer ring.

Good practice with Photoshop too, erasing the hands.

post-23105-1214027587.jpg

post-23105-1214027654.jpg

post-23105-1214027673.jpg

post-23105-1214027680.jpg

Guest domo
I changed up the face to make it seem a little more like a designer watch. Hope you like. I have a more detailed view of the back that is rendering now that I will post later. EDIT: I added a few images showing the back and front close up. It was modeled as bodies in a single part file. I used the pattern along curve for the bracelet part. Make sure your curve is created from a single spline or arcs that have been converted to fit spline. Segmented sketches get screwey with this feature. Also a sketch will work for pattern along curve not just a curve. I don't understand why there is a difference between sketches and cuves in solidworks. They are the same thing in most other 3d applications.

pers1forweblevelsen6.jpg

watchbacklv5.jpg

closefront2oy3.jpg

MAN !!! this this this is AMAZING, the lights are soft and nice, the blur give extremely realism showing the focus of the "camera" on one spot. how can i do that. where did you render bro?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.