Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jose3

2006 Next-gen Pc Design.

Guest jose3

You mean the cat Pc Cyber?

I was taking a look at the winners and Kindergarten Classroom Aid is a fair winner I think. It does resolves real kinder garden problems with an accurate cube toy style image and a good elements store feature. The touch screens should be shielded...kids scratch everything they possibly can.

I don't like very much BulbPC in making an exaggerated evidence of third world situation in these 1 2 and 3 images. I live in a developing country and my house is no hut and my monitor is no old 1940 tv. I also doubt there will ever be a mixture of an outside actual technology with an inner advanced extra small. I believe by the time we reach that inner size USB technology will be absent from the scene but good approach though.

Interesting concept the one reached by Zeeds for the future in terms of hardware upgrade and interface but I don't see it as a safe and stable object with a rounded base and upgradable hardware as "ikebanas" hanging. Maybe it is on purpose to make the device bend towards the user.

In all three cases from the jury's election there is an evident new focus on computer integration to future user-environment scene that is not present today and that has to be taken into account for next time. I am really curious in knowing why Gates elected MADE in China I have the doubt if he is eager to catch Chinese market attention or he fancied the way you can drag and drop those tablet icons. Finishing and clearness are also good features present on the product.

Light up your life has a good server-terminal integration concept but I see the server is an unstable object and specially if it has to hold another one on top.

The big question I have is why they show each public submission vote on top of each finalist and they choose one that has fewer. The public choice election is Light up your life and only has Submission 391. One of the ones who was winning before the public election was closed was Mobile Home PC. Am I wrong in what I am pointing out here? Is that number the ammount of votes each one has?

Guest jose3
That is one of THEE most annoying webpages I have ever visited.

Hi dogma. What do exactly mean by this? You mean the contest page or this one above? Can you expand your thoughts? Thanks.

Guest design_addict84

I think he meant that the whole website's navigation is poor. Which is true, couldnt find the competition entry link on their page so i decided to use the link you provided.

visit my portfolio: www.tecksoh.com, let me know what you guys think of it.

Guest dogma911
That is one of THEE most annoying webpages I have ever visited.

Hi dogma. What do exactly mean by this? You mean the contest page or this one above? Can you expand your thoughts? Thanks.

Hi. I mean the contest page, the navigation is extremely annoying.

Guest jose3

Well yes there are certain things about the contest organization that are not solved in the best way I agree but I also believe that there are many other interesting things to discuss about specially for us. Trends technology and ways of envisioning the future of computers. I was expecting to discuss about them.

visit my portfolio: www.tecksoh.com, let me know what you guys think of it.

Addict I made some comments on your porfolio at the portfolio forum.

[edit]

Looks like we are going to have another contest this year too. I am gladd.

"Additionally, please check back in the summer of 2007 to learn more about upcoming Next-Gen PC Design Competitions!"