Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest refused

'5 A Day' Design Ideas

Guest refused

First of all id like to say hello to everyone here on the forum!

Im a final year student studying in Cardiff, and im a bit stuck on feedback for some of my ideas for my major project and I was hoping that some of you could help me.

Basically i am thinking of creating a product that will help with the government's whole '5 a day fruit and veg' initiative that they have introduced the past year.

I have been thinking along the lines of either a product that would encourage primary school age children to become more involved with growing their own vegetables and 'living organic', or a re-vamp of a product in order to make it more sustainable.

Sorry i am being so vague at the moment it just that im a bit stuck for ideas of which direction to go. Any help or thoughts on which direction you think seems the more appealing - from a designers point of view, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Guest jose3

Hi ref.

IMO primary school age children are not enought patient therefore might not get involved with growing their own vegetables as an interesting entertainment in your case the hook for spreading 'living organic' message. Yes they practice it at school with the germination essay but as a compulsory task which generally ends up rotten.

I would rather enhance a shorter actions with an intense care over what they are doing rather than long term waiting for any visible result, that's for grown ups ppl. Think of the many other tasks that involve organic living that could be done in the suggested period. Something more exciting I would say.

Regards.

Jose.

Guest refused

Cheers for the reply. I was thinking that this would be a problem, with the amount of time that it takes to grow the veg etc, kids attention wears off.

Hmmm need to get thinking on this one!

Thanks again for your help.

Guest jose3

Glad to be helpfull ref. Cheers.

Please let me know which path you are up to it would be interested to discuss, either way if you cannot reach any path.

Regards.

Jose