Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Ragde Webpage

Dear fellows:

Finally I am having my own webpage. It is in construction phase yet, but almost entirely functional.

I invite you all to visit that site and to tell me what I can improve there, or maybe some creative ideas from you...

Thanks a lot for you support.

Here is the link: www.ragde3d.com

ciao

Ragde

Guest triax

I would offer more comment but I must leave the office.

First impression.....Its very much in your face with lots of flashing bits...

But a very good start.

Regards,

T.

I just feel that it is maybe too much focus on web-design. How the buttons has gimmical animation, use of layout the zoom effect with the aircraft. I would rather see sweet render and useful info and sections. But yeah it could work if the layout and buttons design was abit more different. Any how it does look pretty good, everything seems to function pretty well.

Thanks Bowlofnoodle:

You are correct, I am using a guy that design webpages, and this was the first approach that he shows me.

Anyway, I am gathering all the ideas that you guys can come up with, and then see what that friend can do with the page.

I am going to ask him to reduce the upper panel (maybe it's to big)

ciao

Guest w i l l

Ha ha. Quality. I was wondering when you were going to put your tutorials on a site.

Guest Eric Lagman

Hmmm. The work shown is good, but how it is presented needs some work. First off I would loose the music. This is distacting because I wanted to shut it off, but could not find where for about 10 seconds. Next page I went to the music starts up again. It even started to blend two songs at once I think. That is going to turn people away from your site. Music is one of those things that unless your site is about music it can only hurt to have it in there. What I mean is you are going to annoy way more people than you make happy with this. Play the odds when it comes to stuff like this.

Second there is way too much flash animation going on. It looks like a bunch of adds are scrolling everywhere. It takes away from any area of focus the viewer is supposed to be concentrating on. I would kill all the animations personally since again it is distracting from what your site is really about.

Third thing that needs work is when you go to gallery. My pop-up blocker blocked this in Firefox. Incorporate your gallery into your actual page. Don't have it load as a separate pop-up. Most browsers these days will stop it from loading which is annoying to the user to have to go in and allow them for your site.

Final thoughts. I am no expert on web design, but when the goal of the site is to present your work focus on that. Let the work speak for itself, and don't try to mask it with over the top flash animations and bells and whistles. When people go to a site like yours they want to get to the info in a way that is as quick and clear as possible. Try not to overdo it with things that will inhibit this. Some of the best sites out there are very simple, and the wow factor comes from the work itself that is presented in a nice clean and simple way. I wouldn't try to reinvent the wheel. When I did my website I went out and looked at what else was out there, and took bits and pieces I liked from them. Sure maybe its not as creative to do it this way, but you are not selling web design so I wouldn't worry about it. Concentrate on what you are good at which is the work shown and how it is presented not on what the web publishing software is capable of. The work you have on it is good, but the way in which it is presented right now detracts from it. Sorry if this is too harsh, but it is only meant to help. I want to see your site be the best it can :) Keep us posted on the progress.

Thanks Will, i have to admit that you were one of the people that inspired me to have a web page.

Dear Eric Lagman:

You are right, that's why I took my chances and put a topic on the forum, because I wanted to hear the opinion of guys like you that has experience on that.

I have to talk to the guy that design the site and do some changes... (I think that it would take 2 or 3 days)

Thanks a lot, both of you.

Anyway guys, I am waiting for more opinion and advices..... THANKS

Guest Extruded Boss

Hey Ragde,

Aside from the site, thanks for sharing your time and talent unselfishly :clapping: .

Thanks to guys like you, learning Solidworks makes it fun and less stressful.

EB