Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kovalev27

Toy Project: No-battery Moving Toy

Guest newt @ MWE

hey

not a bad idea. very similar to a hot wheels product though. i like the competitive aspect and think that it can remain interesting for kids for a long time

any other ideas?

Guest Kovalev27

My second concept is such: THe idea came from the cartoons, where u see a big ball destroying a house. Well it combines modularity of lego blocks designed specially for easy destruction and the fun of seeing some destruction.

How it works: You turn a handle wich pull the weighted plastic ball backwards till it reaches a pulley. When the ball reaches its maximum recoil, the mechanism which pulls the ball removed itself from the ball because the ball is stopped but the kid continues to turn the handle, the ball then swings, gains its momentum and hits the building or oject the kid has constucted.

The destruction ball is movable all arround the destruction feild and moves up and down, for uptimum destuction.

Primary ideation sketches:

conceptdestruction0xn.th.jpg

Heres a question. What are your deliverables for the project? Are you actually going to have to build the project or just deliver renderings?

I know I used to have a similar toy as a kid and I can't for the life of me remember what they were called (a quick google search says "Power Pockets" but theres no images). They were fairly small and included this black rectangular base (maybe bigger than a credit card) a flexible plastic pull tie (with teeth to spin the gears) and some kind of car or vehicle. You'd put the vehicle on the base and pull the cord and it would launch the car/helicopter into the air. I remember they all connected together and the zip could would slide inside and wrap around the perimeter of the base so it would all fit in your pocket.

Point being, it was a cool toy, but if you have to actually make a prototype it'll probably be pretty difficult to get everything working smoothly. Of course if it's just renderings thats not an issue.

Guest DevrajJoshi

build your stuff then KNOCK IT DOWN!!! that kind of thing used to keep me amused for ages when i was a youngling hehe. Your concept looks a little bit like table top skittles - albiet without the winding mech.

3742_main.jpg

i think i like the car/train drag racing thing more... hell id play with that now!

Guest Kovalev27

We have to make renderings, 3d models on soldiworks and soft models in foam. And more realistic models using vacume forming, mdf and other materials.

We also have a rapid prototyping machine in our school. So if the part is too small, to be made by hand, we can use the machine. But we do not need to have a working prototype. Only visual protoypes.

P.S I came up with 4 more concepts. I am going to scan and upload them tomorow. Tomorow is also the concepts presentation. And 2 of the concepts will be chosen. I will tell you wich ones are chosen.

Guest Kovalev27

Hey guys, surprisingly, the teacher chose those 2 concepts for further development. So the other ones are on halt.

Now i have to work with these two, i would like to have some critics and ideas and suggestion. thank you