Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

January 07 3d Modeling Challenge

Dear Pefectude:

Thanks for your words. :)

It is not so complicated, it is just a little bit of work. The more you model, the faster you can find a way to model your target. So keep going on your SW training.

Thanks for using my tuts. as a reference for learning.

(Keep visiting www.ragde3d.com, there I will put very interesting things)

Ciao.

Ragde

Guest mcgreg

Mission accomplished!!! :thumbsup:

Had little time to work on this challenge, but I finally managed to work on it and finished it!

I also tried to make the joints functional so the head can stay horizontal when we move the back "foot".

post-7300-1172087028.jpg

Used a lot of surfacing, but just near the end I realised I could have saved some time if I just had used solid modelling, specially with some cuting features, namely the holes in the back of the "head" and the semi-circles on the front of the camera. But what is done is done...

The base was all done with solid modelling with a lot of "split bodies" and combining them again due to the shell feature.

Had problems with photoworks though! Couldn't quite find the right settings for the translucent plastic materials, so I just left it with the default settings and changed the color. :D

Great challenge!!!

p.s. - please disregard the fact that the cable is fused with the floor. Didn't have the time/patiente to correct it. :whistle:

Nice work McGreg!. :thumbsup:

Really nice effort.

Yes, the base and most of the camera can be done with solid features, but anyway the task is accomplished.

Photoworks is very tricky. One has to try, modify, try again, etc.

But if you know some basic settings it can pay the bill!

Ciao

Guest auspirit

post-8438-1172736257.jpg

This is my very first attempt on modeling challenge. My modeling skills

is still not so good. :) hehe

It is great that i am able to learn a lot from this forums, especially from those

nice tutorials done by ragde. Thanks a lot.

Well done Auspirit!

Very good...Keep practicing and learning and you will see how far your modeling skills will go.

ciao

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.