Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest husseindesign

Peugeots

Guest Pandoraoh

Can some1 please tell me where the wheels are? Close future my ass...

Why is it that the actual objective of a design case always changes at the end.

I have that at school aaaall the time; you stick to the plan and give them everything they need and then they still complain...

Why just don't tell to go wild in the first place instead of afterwards...

Grats to the winner for his original but not close future car.

Guest desagree

well, first of all congratulations to the winner!

@hussein: do you remember my initial question about dream cars?

well, as we can see this is at least not a conventional dream car. maybe peugeot`s statement is: "future dreamcars are city cars". From this point of view it is really an interesting and innovative result. especially if you look at really classic projects in the finals like arabesque (excellent work, i think).

nevertheless i think that the formal design is rather weak- those front lights are simply copied off actual models and completely out of proportion - about 60-70 cm long (!!)

there is no differenciation between greenhouse and bodywork. no hint, no shape explaining door area(s), interfaces, human and or machine related areas...

the rear is the worst part to me. I`m not sure whether it is the bad modelling or the intention of the designer to crunch those elements together- the car thereby looks even smaller than it already is. the rear design is completely reduced to two dimensions. there is no connection to the rest of the car.

again conventional peugeot lights, btw. the only things that identify the car as a peugeot.

apart from that im not sure about the technical concept- if i understood the concept in the right way, those rear wheels are supposed to have a radius of nearly one meter? if so, then they are most probably really heavy. as we all know, wheels are the only thing on a car that is not suspended and the whole industrial evolution/development goes towards reducing wheel wheight. those gigantic wheels will guarantee that there will be absolutely no driving comfort. no conventional springs/suspensions will be able to manage a safe straight drive (apart from the floor being flat like a billard table). the rotary force of those wheels will stabilize the car in a way that it wont be able to turn when driving at more that 30km/h.

anyway, i`m not an engineer and maybe there`s a good explanation for everything (maybe this is the dream aspect?) but since the car is meant for public exposure, this might cause a problem.... they can`t always put (and expect reading) pages of explanations next to the car...

i`m surprised aslo because of those interesting concepts peugeot already did not too long ago: the city toyz. this design conceptionally competes a bit too much with them, i think...

i`m really curious about official presentation at the fair and public reactions...

;)

Guest Napman

Nice renders! Really like the dynamic touch you give to the drawings...

How did you render them? Illustrator and Photoshop?

Guest yoshi

can someone tell me what programs do i use to create these master peices, nd where can i learn to use them, if i sound like a noob dats probly bcoz im only 15 but some advise would be great ty :D

hi...i didnt read all topic...but what can i say...i saw a lot of your works on cdn...you have very quaint style<own style>...quaint design...quaint techniques...and this is really fine work...i will wait for new sketches...

i forgot...can you tell how old are you?:D...i read <or thats my mistake>that you come from germany...so i have question...do you study or want to study in Pforzheim?:)

take care:)

hehe i knew...i would like to study in Conventry University...thats my dream and maybe will fullfil...im 19 years old so i believe that...ok man good luck in dreams ...take care:)