Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest husseindesign

Peugeots

Guest desagree

it isn`t fair at all but i`m not sure, whether it is a hacker/virus or real intention by peugeot. i also heard about this 24h extention but even that period is over.

btw. i strongly recommend to update your antivirus before surfing to peg site!! some ldr.exe/ trojan startpage 00 are jumping at you immediately...

:D

I got nothing to worry, got Norton 2005, all the Winxp security updates and I use Firefox by default :D

anyways.. we're getting a bit off topic :)

We'll probably get some information from Peugeot about those strange extensions sooner or later. I know I'm safe, I submitted my project on tuesday like many others.

Guest husseindesign
@all: did everybody (who participated) think of dreamcars as sports/luxury cars?

They say on the page that they want to know what young designers dream of.. what do you think what they dream? :)

PS. When will they announce the finalists?

Pre selection will be announced late december. no specific dates. :D

Guest desagree
@all: did everybody (who participated) think of dreamcars as sports/luxury cars?

They say on the page that they want to know what young designers dream of.. what do you think what they dream? ^_^

ehm, no. i was asking because the official theme presentation did not define this point:

original text:

After the future of 2020 and back to the future, this year's subject is a basic thinking about a future that is nearer, more accessible and concrete.

Imagine a vehicle that satisfies your tastes, your needs, your dreams, . to your own specifications.

Design a car that brings together your wishes, your interests and your feelings for cars.

Create, innovate!

Design the Peugeot of your dreams for the near future

:)

Guest husseindesign

I wasn't talking about the official theme but about this interview on the Contest's site:

Three questions to Philippe Houy,

Head of the Concept Car Project at the Peugeot Products department.

- What do you expect from this third competition?

The third competition is a continuation of the two that went before it. In fact, after the future of 2020 and back to the future, we want to know what amateur designers dream about in cars. With this theme, we are offering them to be the stylist of their own ideal car! We expect innovative, even unusual, proposals, but ones that remain consistent with our brand's values, which are good value, dynamism, esthetics and innovation. The projects must be attractive, because, let us not forget, we are talking of creating a concept car from the winning project, and to present it to the public at the Frankfort Auto Show.

Guest husseindesign

TOP 30 FINALISTS LIST WILL BE ONLINE ON DECEMBER 16!!

^_^

Guest husseindesign

I've just visited the site und noticed that they changed it to 20th of December!!

I just saw on your site you got emailed friday you got through!! Congrats man, you have my vote!! (because I didn't get that email :D bummer)

Guest husseindesign
I just saw on your site you got emailed friday you got through!! Congrats man, you have my vote!! (because I didn't get that email ;) bummer)

Oh, that's really unfair man, your entry was really great!! :D

Anyway.. thanx Renze.. and good luck in other contests ;)

You know what guys?.. I sent them! ;)

After having read the positive comments here the concepts didn't seam all that bad, so i wrote a short a short description for both and uploaded them! :D

Thanx ;)

hahhaaha.. you should thank this forum again for a place in the finals

fortunately you have sent that winning concept.

congratulations and good luck with the votes

Guest kankun

Yes,I agree with you.And I want to say too that I am disapointed by the projets selectioned by peugeot:they are not all beautiful and some are too much modern.But it is my mind.

Congratulation hussein!!

I agree, lets all vote for Hussein, tell your friends as well to vote for him.

I must say I'm really disappointed with the choice they made, the concept Hussein sent in is one of the few concepts that actually fits with the design brief, that being it could be on the market in the next 2 or 3 years. There's a lot of cars there that should be great for the first contest, but for this one?

Anyways, I'm still happy I participated, it was a lot of fun and I will surely be there again next year :D

Guest husseindesign

The other two entries:

Peugeot Sumer:

It is my personal favorite. I thought it was the one chosen to be among the finalists, since the e-mail I got didn't mention the name of the qualified entry.

Peugeot_design_Contest_Entry_4_by_husseindesign.jpg

Peugeot 509:

My second favorite.. an Offroader-Coupé.. I first wanted to give it a CC roof, but then went for these doors (how do you call them?)

Peugeot_Design_Contest_Entry_3_by_husseindesign.jpg