Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Peugeot GT06 - 3RD Design Contest submission

3rd PEUGEOT Design Contest

entry: Peugeot GT06

contestant: Renze Rispens

The theme of this years contest revolves around the idea to design the car of your dreams, which could be available in the near future.

The Peugeot GT06 might be a nightmare for some, but for me it is the car of my dreams. A big and powerfull GT car aimed for the rock 'n roll minded. Crossing countries at great speed, enjoying the roar of the engine and great scenery.

This car relates spiritally with the big sportscars of the '80's and '90's, uncompromising and spectacular. The GT06 is exactly that, with a long hood and unconventionally opening doors.

A sleak, slender shape which cuts through the air and leaves onlookers wondering what they just saw zoom past.

post-4-1102423579.jpg

Guest husseindesign

Looks very cool man.. And the rendering is just amazing! really well done.

I'd like to see it with a Peugeot emblem in the front. I have a feeling that this will make it look even better. ^_^

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words ^_^ Glad you like it.

Yeah you could compare the car with the Lamborghini Countach.. not very practical hehe.. Somebody told me I should add rear view mirrors and door handles, but who needs those in 2006 when you can all do that digitally with electric lock system and built in videocameras :)

About the missing Peugeot badge.. yeah, it's part that I don't like badges on cars and also a little bit of lazyness hehe

Looks very cool man.. And the rendering is just amazing!

Well I used your tutorial for some parts because I usually render things in very bright surroundings, I thought I'd give dark surroundings a try, plus it also nicely obscures some of the areas of the car I didn't have time for anymore to detail (like the grill or rear window) ^_^

Guest javierllano

Wow!!! pretty nice concept, i like it very much!!! Line coherence, soft surfaces, and a very nice presentation!! The idea for the doors is quite innovative and the colors you´ve choosen are very elegant. I hope you have good luck!! you deserve it!!

Guest desagree

awesome. so this is what you meant when you spoke about creating wireframes in rhino and rendering them with tablet /psd... the result is amazing! how long did you take for it?

congratulations and best wishes!

btw. are these the complete submission files? (I`d like to see more details on front/rear view- it´s pretty dark on those renderings...)

^_^

so this is what you meant when you spoke about creating wireframes in rhino and rendering them with tablet /psd... the result is amazing! how long did you take for it?

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

And yeah, I made the wireframe for this car during the weekend, I still had a lot of design decisions to make, so it took a bit longer than I hoped. I modeled the wheels last sunday, tried a few different versions, then exported the wireframe and wheels to max, made some renders with the wireframe visible and took it all to photoshop where I coloured both drawings. The colouring was done monday, today I made the sketch with the open doors and made some last changes to the 2 renders and submitted the stuff.

The things you miss, well yeah, I would've liked to detail those some more, but I stalled the project so much that there was no more time to really pay a lot of attention to those..

Guest Pandoraoh

Nice one

I like the way the window continues across the top and the doors are sweet too!

Guest Lanjo

nice men :)

but why u didnt design like that u sed forexample u sed it didnt work becuse the all is digital and can do with digital so i say why u didnt design some kind of digital working car ???

at last u have nice rendering but complete your shade men good luck :)^_^