Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest designersforhire

Www.designersforhire.com

Guest designersforhire

Dear All,

Please visit our site and please let us know your comments . - www.designersforhire.com

We assure Quality,Timeliness and Cost Bound

Warm Regards,

Joseph

DesignersForHire Team

www.designersforhire.com - Quality is our Motto

This portfolio has nothing to do with product deisgn, but I figure I'd comment anyways.

Your web portfolio looks like you haven't actually designed any websites, you simply took a bunch of template thumbnails from a larger site and poorly shrunk them to fit into your layout. You provide no links to clients for whom you've actually done work for, which gives the appearance that you haven't actually done any.

There are dead links, spelling errors, disappearing navigation buttons, and links that haven't been filled in yet. If you are trying to promote yourself then you are putting the wrong foot forward by having these errors on a site you are publicly advertising.

And from $5 an hour? I've been doing professional freelance work for about 8 years and I charged more than that when I was 16. Working for nothing may seem like a good way to attract business, but you're lowering the value of any work you do.

The web design business is extremely competitive, and the truth is you can't expect anyone to give you business from finding your web site. If you want to be sucessful you need to actively go after clients, value your work at a level that matches the quality of the work, and build your portfolio when it is ready. There are a million 15 year old kids out there with hacked copies of Dreamweaver who can make websites and you'll need to do something to differentiate yourself from them.