Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest VLKinek

Skoda Hatchback Concept

Guest VLKinek

This thread is going to start with few 2d drawings. I'm planning to model that concept in 3dsmax afterwards. This is the very first sketch that I did a few days ago. I'm gonna be sharing all stuff that I'll create.

So for the begining, this is the first pic focused mainly to the rear part. I'm in the exploratino phase so all your comments would be really helpfull. Please comment!!!

sketch1.jpg

Guest zack

hey there, nice work. Do you have any plain, un-rendered sketches of the hatchback? I see a couple of issues that you could work on. . . Your bottom drawing is very clean and it looks good, but i think there will be a problem with the windows and the cabin space. it looks squished, and the passengers don't have a lot of window to look out of. Maybe another view, like a side of 3/4 front view, would be appropriate to show more detail. also, i know this is only a work in progress but work on the compostion a little to make the drawings really catch the readers eye. keep it up i'd like to see your progress

Guest VLKinek

Thanx Zack

Yes I do have some other unrendered sketches I'll post them afterwards. I appreciate your interest and your comments.

here are the other sketches focused on the front part. I know that there are so different, but I'm just trying to play with proportions and lines so don't pay so much attention on that. Now I'm working in much more accurate sketches of the back and front part.

Can you tell me if you like the front part of the upper image? Just the idea..

kolaz_net.jpg

Guest jm745

Good technique...I think your proportions are a little too exagerated though. The vehicles looked a little stretched. The rear rim is too small on the last rendering.

hi unfortunately i cant find here any skoda items:(...it could be every kind of car...think that you have to look some pictures of new skoda design /roomster,joyster.new fabia/ and try to improve currently design according with your imagination

btw.good techniques:)

Guest VLKinek

Hi guys, It's been a while, but I have finally finished my project. Here is my final pic and some others sketches. Final pic is partly 3d and partly sketch (lights, glass parts and some corrections). Hope you like it

zadek_ctvrtka.jpg

kolazek.jpg

final.jpg

Guest daveR

Overall it looks good. The 3d rendering is spot on and design wise it's pleasing (although I can't really tell how people are supposed to enter or exit the car).

Oh, and the poster looks great. Really looks 'bi-polar' with the Japanese Naval flag variation together with the medieval castle and christian sculpture.