Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch-over Sessions: Sketch Dump

Guest laura

Hey, I really like your sketches. I was just wondering, as a beginner to rendering in pen, what colours would you recommend as a starter set? Can you buy them online. I have been meaning to get some for ages. Oh and by the way I am jealous of your cintiq!

Guest lassjus

I'm pretty new to this kind of drawing, but I would like to post a sketch or two.

Car_copic_by_Lassjus.jpg

post-19501-1208178346.jpg

Laura, if it is markers you are talking about, like these: g8241.jpg you should start with a gray scale. Copic comes in cold, neutral and warm colour set. Stick to one of them. For example, if you use the warm scale, like I do, you could start with for example w0, w1, w2, w3, w4, w5, w7 and w9. A complete scale is of course the best.. :) You should also try to have some sort of colours too. Good luck, hope I provided some sort of help. I'm not a veteran in this myself.

Guest toto30mx

hello! heres my very first car sketch, I made it bit by bit for like 3 weeks (didn't have much time) I'm a fresh beginner not even studing automotive design bu I'd love to!

Please coment if something is missing or if my technique sucks, honesty please makes me feel better...

thanks!!

(made it by hand in a sketch book with a 2b pencil)

post-22416-1210357149.jpg