Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ZexeL

Help Me With My Bloody Renderings!

Hey all!

I know I'm not the greatest in rendering, some of you who roam these forums are shere wizards when it comes to rendering, please, help me become somewhat good at this!

Here's a concept attached for you to comment on.

gtrconcept2.jpg

All help and constructive critisism is most welcome! :)

/ZexeL

Guest jm745

It looks good ...but a bit on the cartoony side. I think if you work with your proportions and your line work a bit more the rendering will take care of itself. You are cheatin the fenders and wheels too much to the point where it doesnt look real. Keep at it.

Yeah I think you have a good start. The way to get better is to keep practicing. There are a ton of rendering tutorials on this forum, carbodydesign and cardesign news. You should do a few of them and then try to apply them to your own projects. Some of the shading in your render is kind of weird, and since its a profile view it's a bit difficult to tell how some of those surfaces are working in 3D.

Remember you typically want surfaces angled up to reflect the sky (or imaginary sky plane) and the surfaces pointing down to reflect the ground plane.

The wheels look out of place. They look to realistic compared to the car. If the wheels are in motion, the car should also have motion lines etc.

I like the top drawing outline. Nice concept. Maybe have the wheel wells come down over the wheel a little to give it more depth.

Also, your air intake is too dark. You lose all the cool highlight that ad a lot to the car design.

The main problem is really that it's too flat, as everyone's already pointed out. The outlines really pop it out, and make it look cartoony and unrealistic. You can have some sort of bold line around the outside, but especially once you've rendered it, upward facing lines are definitely not black - they reflect highlights. So any line inside the drawing should show that.

Also, it's important to show more than just the side view. There's a lot to a design that can change with perspective. Cars that look terrible in profile can look incredibly sporty in 3D, and vice-versa. Car design is hard.