Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmixer

Sketches about Digital cameras

Guest mmixer

To be honest, I have no idea how to generate concepts for years later.

That's the requirement for this coursework though.

I tried several concepts, and am eager to know if I had aimed at the right direction.

Please provide your suggestion..thanx...

post-6-1091762621.jpg

very original concepts mmixer, explained very well in the presentations. Try to use more cross sections through your designs, for better surface building, it will make the sketch quality better, i think. See example picture below (it's a example from my school).

example.jpg

Designwise I think you're onto something.. the merger of cellphones and affordable digicams certainly are a trend you could develop further.

About the drawings, yeah, perhaps some more sections here and there, though I wouldn't overdo it.

Watch out where you put those big black lines around your drawing. I'd leave them out where you have the light hitting the object and replace it there with some darker background. Using fat lines around your entire sketch tends to flatten the sketch, removing any sense of 3d you tried to get in there by using shadows.

Guest __Leo__

Nice work Mmixer..

I personally think that the third concept is more likely to have some nice lines... But still im having some doubts on how this design could be futuristic...(as far as I understand that thepoint of this design no??) Have you thought of designing something more mimimal... maybe with less curves and more straight/hard edges??

Great work though .. Let us see more as you proceed...

Leo

Guest yeddeync

How do you can you achieve light cross section lines with a pen? SOmetimes i try to tilt my pen to the side...but i get a scratchy type of line that is ugly looking. different color maybe?

Guest mmixer
Nice work Mmixer..

I personally think that the third concept is more likely to have some nice lines... But still im having some doubts on how this design could be futuristic...(as far as I understand that thepoint of this design no??) Have you thought of designing something more mimimal... maybe with less curves and more straight/hard edges??

Great work though .. Let us see more as you proceed...

Leo

Finally I just chose the one you might like most for further development :P

and try to render it with colours and add more futuristic features...

But not a mimimalism approach ..... :)

Anyway, thank you for your advice :)

post-6-1093230636.jpg

Guest DreaM

all right' if you ask for my opinion , innovationwise the first one could have been the one to focus on... because what you have rendered is really very nice though, but the thing is that i can easily imagine seeing it in the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=sony&v=56">sony</a> stores in the year 2004... like i told you, the work is really good...but if you are thinking about the future you'd better focus on newer ideas rather then nice shapes. And also it would be cool if you specify the year and the functions you plan to put in this product more or less...

You will find the right shapes anyway...

anyway good <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=job&v=56">job</a> done here...

Guest DreaM

well, i am kinda worried too, that 's something that came up recently in my laptop ...! and i have no idea how to get rid of it, do you have any way other than formatting ? thanx ....

Guest Aphasia

Spybot Search and Destroy is what i use, does a good job!

Started using Firefox browser, it's more secure that ie, and doesnt let the little rascals in!