Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lufbrasketch

Another Maxwell Render

Guest lufbrasketch

Na, I have a full desktop. I was looking at the performance tab in the windows task manager and my CPU was a 100% usage which I don't know if that is a usual thing or not while rendering. Maybe I'll just stick my big fan next to it like you said Cyberdemon. I'm making a new desktop in a month or two that should be sweet but I just have to wait till then.

Or maybe I can convince my boss to get Maxwell at work. ;)

100% usage is normal when rendering. If it gave you an overheating error I'd still try to blow some dust out of your fans to make sure it's getting good airflow. Also make sure you aren't leaving it in an enclosed area like a cabinet. Taking the side panel off and sticking a box fan next to it should help keep it cool and keep the air circulating though.

Guest lufbrasketch

I've opened up the side case and had a light vacuum to remove some dust. Do you think it is worth installing latest drivers for mobo and cpu?

Guest lufbrasketch

The side of the pc open with the fan seems to be doing the trick. The render has been going strong now for about 4 hrs with multilight on.

Guest lufbrasketch

Yeah...I built it myself. Its an AMD 64 bit 3500+ with 2gb of mem in dual channel.

I have never had any problems with pcs I have built myself but I think the dust really messed this one up. I opened up the case and it was full of dust all round the cpu fan.

Guest w i l l

I need to learn how to build them myself. I saw someone post a PC they had built on the Maxwell forum and there were a load of replies telling him to rebuild it with more space for airflow and more fans. That is important for rendering but especially for Maxwell as it renders for so long.

Guest lufbrasketch

Yeah, I don't think building a pc is that difficult really as long as you know you are getting the right parts and know a few basics about the bios.

Anyway, I have decided to stop the render at 13hrs 10mins . At least I know it works now.

newtestcc4.jpg

Guest w i l l

Nice one. Its improving. If it was me i'd try and position the emitter so that it highlights the join across that dome parts and the details at the end. Its lighting from tha back at the moment.