Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Popadom-Dave

The Puzzle

Guest Popadom-Dave

Big tings a gwan!

Opinions, suggestions??::

01puzzle-side-800.jpg

Drawn and coloured in Coral Painter with a cheapo graphics tablet.

Mujammil

Well you definately have a really unique technique, I'll say that much.

It's an interesting approach you have, especially with the natural brushes you've used. Makes the car feel like its kind of growing out of the forest. I don't know if I love the car design itself, but the picture makes me happy. :)

I agree. The design is pretty traditional, but that style of drawing is really fresh. And I think the composition is excellent.

Maybe clean up a few of the really light, saturated construction lines going through the body (really just the ones going from the A-pillar to the wheel - they criss-cross with the other ones), but otherwise looks good.

Guest Popadom-Dave

Nah bruv. Me a dry land tourist from London Town. Is just pure almshouse a gwaan. (I just like speaking patois.)

I hear that about the lines. Good call. Don't get me started about the design. But that's another story for another day. It started out something like this::

01-blue-perspkeysketch.jpg

03-bluegreenX2.jpg

04-top51-1.jpg

Opinions, suggestions??

Mek mi kibba mi mouth to rahtid now.

Mujammil

Guest fblacka

wow ... i like the first one ... the texture of the car, the composition and the colours are just great ... everything screams "ecological" ...

Guest Popadom-Dave

Thank you.

The project is entitled 'The Puzzle' - this is the concept of a 'Jigsaw' of Driver, Car and Environment. The design reduces driver anxiety disorder that can disrupt the harmony between the three things (Driver, Car and Environment). It does this by incorporating various design features mainly within the interior.

So yes, fblacka and Cyberdemon, ecological and natural is a way of giving an impression of serenity. I prefer Painter's natural media to give the illustration dynamism and to convey my own personality - rather than having Photoshops usually 'mechanical' results.

example: (Opinions, suggestions??)

01-renderpage.jpg

bowlofnoodle: With the blue and grey car being my first sketch: it is based on interlocking 3d geometry, i.e. a 3d jigsaw puzzle. The unusual wheelarch shape, windscreen and side door / window glazing are based on a jigsaw motif shape and help to emphasise an impression of modularity. The idea here was to have a calm interior design and an aggressive, hectic exterior that reflects its busy environment.

The sketch started out like this with extra detailing:

00-blue-original.jpg

Remember kids: tek smadi mek poppy-show.

Mujammil