Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jayski

Peugeot Competition - The 1882 Le Grand

Guest jayski

Here's my entry, just a cool car, hope you all like it.

JB DESIG - www.jbdesign.ca

PeugeotFinal1small.jpg

PeugeotFinal2small.jpg

PeugeotFinal3small.jpg

PeugeotFinal4small.jpg

Guest anand raj
Here's my entry, just a cool car, hope you all like it.

yeah i like the smooth flowing lines of the design :)

not sure that you will impress the judges of the contest though.. coz as far as i know they like "out of the box" kinda things!

but keeping the contest beside...i really want to get in and drive...it's a beauty :)

Guest ipsky84

really nice renderings there...well done.

can you explain your concept in detail...all i can make out from the renders is that its another well-stylized car. whats special about your car? how does it challenge other entries in the contest?

and is it a art marker + photoshop rendering or done using a tablet?

Guest jayski

Here's some more information about my entry, sorry i didnt post it with the pics. Also these renderings are marker and pastel, and the upclose of the grille is done in solidworks. enjoy!

Peugeot 1882 Le Grand

Designer: Jason Battersby

Designed with one thing in mind: The Drive of your life.

This sports coupe concentrates on the driving experience, incorporating

a muscular body, with unique economical performance.

The Name: Peugeot 1882 Le Grand

1882, the year Peugeot first established business manufacturing bicycles. The Le Grand Bi

introduced the public to an accessible form of transportation. The Le Grand bicycle, being the simplest

form of transportation, was an efficient and ecological option. They were pleasurable to ride and

simple to operate. In 1882, purchasing your new Le Grand Bi from Peugeot brought you a step further into

the future. Driving the Le Grand was the drive of your life!

Design

The 1882 Le Grand fills a void in an already outstanding Peugeot family

of fine automobiles. The 1882 Le Grand sports coupe finds its roots in the art deco

styling from the 1930's and 40's. Geometric shapes mixed with sweeping

crisp lines define the attitude the 1882 Le Grand evokes. Utilizing chrome detailing,

along with brushed aluminum surfacing, creates a contrast against the body's flowing curves.

At the front of the 1882 Le Grand, you will find the Peugeot logo surrounded in the hoods brushed

aluminum surface. With headlights mounted high on the fenders, and fang shaped intakes crowning the

front of the fenders, the overall look is classy yet menacing. The chrome trim on the fenders

sweeps back to the side louvers, allowing airflow. The long hood eludes to the V12 which

lay beneath the brushed aluminum. An all glass roof flows right back to the rear end, allowing the

driver to get the full effect of speed. At the rear, 6 tailamps in a chrome surround are mounted high atop

the rear fenders. The Brushed aluminum surfacing continues to the rear, narrowing towards the brushed aluminum

exhaust tips. The muscular stance of the 1882 Le Grand is defined by the 19" and 20" chrome wheels, which

are styled with a classic approach. The body is finished in a radiant gold pearl, which further establishes

the liveliness and simplicity of the 1882 Le Grand.

Powertrain

The 1882 Le Grand is powered by Peugeot’s V12 HDi DPFS (diesel particulate filter system) diesel engine.

The engine has a capacity of 5.5 litres and offers a level of performance unprecedented for a diesel engine,

with a maximum power output greater than 515 kW and, above all, an exceptional torque in excess of 1,200 Nm.

With a 100° V angle architecture, the engine’s centre of gravity is as low as possible. Two particulate filters

are located at the end of each exhaust system ensuring the car’s environmentally-friendly credentials.

The 1882 Le Grand is the evolution of the same basic principles in which the original Le Grand Bi might have been

based upon:

Pleasurable - The Joy of driving a powerful sports coupe.

Lively - A mix of materials and curves gives life to the automobile.

Efficient - Basic operation and low maintenance, means less work and more play.

Accessible - Accessible to all levels of the performance enthusiast.

Simple - Focuses on the most important aspects of the drive of your life:

Easy to operate, safety, and creates a comfortable relationship between man and machine.

Ecological - Powered by Peugeot's HDi V12, the 1882 is environmentally-friendly muscle.

As a real car guy, I think you easily have the best design. The rest of them were completely unrealistic compared to this one. Good job, it's a very attractive car!

Guest john-john

Very good design , although i don't like the color you choose , the overhall is a very good project an unique design.

I like it!!

john

The rest of them were completely unrealistic compared to this one. Good job, it's a very attractive car!

Sorry cash68 i'm not agree with you!

As a real car guy, I think you easily have the best design. The rest of them were completely unrealistic compared to this one. Good job, it's a very attractive car!

Considering last years winner was this:

peugeot_moovie_driving.jpg

I think you need to loosen up on realism aspect of the competition, because that isn't what it is about. Competitions like this are looking for what has never been done before. I like the design of the car in this thread, but aside from the all glass roof it's another sports coupe and I can guarantee the judges will probably stick it in a pile with the other 2500 submissions of sports coupes that they recieve.

I agree that projects shouldn't have to work on magic, but judges looking at this competition are going to be looking at it with a much more forward thinking view.

And that's coming from "a real car guy".

Guest jayski

The only reason why i didnt go out of the box, was becuase i chose to fill a void in the peugeot lineup, which is a high end sports coupe. Considering they competition did not state any specific year, or body size/style, I went for a different approach. Yeah the last three competitions have had really out of the box designs, and they're great, and if my stuff does get tossed in with the other 2500 contestants, then thats fine, i'm still left satisfied with what i've done, and a great portfolio piece.

Guest john-john

that's right the main purpose is to enjoy drawing!

We mustn't forget that.

Me as well i often go out of the competition rules but i always have pleasure to make my projects , and that's essential!

Guest w i l l

peugeot_moovie_driving.jpg

Was this done by Thomas Suurland? I thought I saw something like this on his site. I like this design and I wish I knew about these competitions before the final deadline!

will: Suurland did renderings for it, but not the actual design. If you google the Peugeot competition you can see the past years winners.

jayski: I really like the design and the renderings look great. As you said you'll have a great portfoilo piece. My comments were mostly directed at cash who has been very negative on the whole out of the box approach that many people have taken (but has been what Peugeot has looked for in their past competitions)

Guest w i l l

There must be some big shot designers entering this competition if they're paying for Suurland render rates.

I believe those renderings were probably commisioned by Peugeot after the person won. The person who designed that submitted different/more basic renderings, and details of the design changed by the final prototype.

It's a nice, very typically automotive design. But I think that's the problem that a lot of people have been mentioning. It doesn't feel really different, fresh, or even that contemporary - this wouldn't have felt out of place at an auto show in the early '90s.

Not to mention the proportions are really dramatically exaggerated. The entire car is only 1.5 wheels tall, and the extremely chopped cabin means the side windows start at neck level! It looks fantastically sporty, but it's not something I'd want to actually deal with.

700 hp flights of fancy are nice sometimes, but regardless of whether it's gasoline, diesel, or sunshine and rainbows that it's burning, that power's got to come from somewhere. The motto for the 21st century will be doing more with less.