Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Exotic Flower

Guest Fadik

Hi Ragde,

Thank you for the tutorial, but I am wondering , how much time did it take you to model that flower on SW? I am seriously considering hybrid modeling approach (Keycreator & SW).

Dear Fadik:

I did the flower very fast (no more than 1 hour), because I was not concern on precision, just the shapes.

Anyway, my purpose is to squeeze Sw to see what we can do with it....

Ciao

Guest sensemille

hi, i started doing ur tutorial an i got stuck at ur 4th post.. i have to make that surface loft to get the shapes on the sides of the flower but after i create the sketch and try to loft using it as a guide curve.. it gives me an error saying that the "guide curve no.1 is invalid. it does not intersect the section no.1" ... i have to point out that im a self thought solid works user and i dont realy know all the tricks it has.. so anyways my problem starts where u say to do the following:

"Adjust the spline aproximately to the construction circle. These construction lines r perpendicular to the edges. Pierce the ends of the spline to the edges and make it tangent to the construction lines"

basicly i dont get the whole thing u said :).. if u could pls try and explain to me some stuff like what do u mean by "pierce the ends of the spline to the edges" and the part about the construction lines.. i think that would help me a lot..

btw how i did it is like this: i created a sketch using a spline in plane3.. thats about it :).... im sure theres more to it but i dunno how or what to do..

if u or anyone else could help me figure it out i would realy apreciate it because i realy want to learn more about the program and this tutorial looks awsome for it!

Guest BMagee

great tutorial!! a bit difficult for a beginner like myself but u have really opened my eyes to the things that can be done on solidworks!! :)

Thanks!!

Guest sopriska83

This tutorial is SWEET! I cannot wait to try this tomorrow! I have been searching for solidworks help for a while, so glad I found this site!! Thanks!

Random, but do by any chance have any ideas on how to model soap in photoworks? I CANNOT get anything to look like real soap!

Guest turco_boy

These works are amazing really... I wonder how long did you get this skill in solidworks Radge?

Guest SteveMacc

Note that the sweep for the stem won't work in SW 2010 as described. If you constrain the profile in any way, like dimensions, the sweep will fail. The length of the sides of the polygon have to be related to the diameter. I tried an equation but it doesn't update during the calculation of the sweep profiles. Best I could do was an = relationship between the polygon diameter and the length of a side. Also, if the fillet radius dimension is left in place, the fillet will invert part way through the sweep causing a failure. A bit more tricky now.