Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest beale

Reading Aid

Guest beale

I think I'll have a crack at this one!

I've been brainstorming all afternoon and I've come up with some ideas. I think my angle is going to be a reading aid. I've narrowed it down to a few concepts but I can't show any of my sketches as I can only do them by hand! I guess pictures will have to wait until I bash something out on SolidWorks. Will update with a proper design brief and concept description.

Just out of curiosity, how does intelligent property work in a situation like this? IP wasn't something that was covered on my course (Mechanical Design).

Goodluck everybody,

James

Guest newt @ MWE

hey

by posting or showing anything in the public realm, this goes for absolutly any non patented or copywritten project, you are leaving it open to be taken.

a good example is a thesis show. i know all the universities of indutrial design in canada have thesis shows where all students present thier finished thesis in a public exhibition. there have been many examples where products have been, for lack of a better term, stolen from these exhibitions. not physically stolen, but the concept and idea taken and produced by a company. (don't want to slander but umbra is a huge HUGE offender).

so its up to you to participate and present any concepts you will ever develope. the fact that a patent costs a butt load of cash usually negates getting one. and in todays market it is so easy for a competitor to simply slightly modify a product just enought that it doesn't infringe.

newt