- - - - -

Simpson - Portfolio

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_simpson_*

Guest_simpson_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

Added a few sketch pages and a id project form last year. Will add a few more sketches from that later.
Waiting for your C&C as usual :) Thanks.
My own Portfolio Site

Reorganizing the site from the ground up and adding stuff daily (as i get free time, i try to scan something and add it to the site). Much easier to do it now with the new layout and stuff...
Lemme know if you see any errors :) i've only tested it with opera.
Waiting for your C&C. Thanks.
My own Portfolio Site

Updated just a little bit.
My own Folio Site

Hi, now i'm trying to build my own homepage that i can show to ppl
some products and illustrations and other stuff there :)
you can check it out here:
My own Folio Site
as always C & C Welcome :)

Hey, just updated my corofolio with some of my work.
COROFOLIO
i'll also throw in some sketches and models in a couple of days and let you know.
C&C welcome.
Thanx

#2 Guest_R.B_*

Guest_R.B_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:07 PM

There a bit intense, well the Snail and Scale, especially as thumbs, it's hard to see what there all about, I think the less is more approach would help, especially on the Snail. But overall, really nice layouts and work :)

#3 Guest_simpson_*

Guest_simpson_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:34 AM

thanks for the feedback, i'll try to reorganize things a little bit clearer when i get some more free time :)

#4 Guest_R.B_*

Guest_R.B_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:58 PM

thanks for the feedback, i'll try to reorganize things a little bit clearer when i get some more free time :)

a bit of free time, I hear ya :D

#5 Guest_simpson_*

Guest_simpson_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

Just updated, view first post :angry:

#6 Guest_simpson_*

Guest_simpson_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

*bump*
just a simple update.

#7 Guest_simpson_*

Guest_simpson_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

any comments at all ?

#8 Guest_simpson_*

Guest_simpson_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:35 PM

*bump*
Big update on my home portfolio site.

#9 Guest_simpson_*

Guest_simpson_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

*bump*

#10 engio

engio

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

I like your site, very simple. Gotta love the LightBox :) Although I think you should make the text and images on the main page and contact page much bigger. I could barely see it now, imagine what the older people would say (read employers). Also, make the CV pdf open up in a new tab/window. People usually close PDFs instead of clicking back, and that would make them close down your website even if they didn't intend to just yet.

I think I would prefer some kind of frame around the content actually.. now it looks a bit.. effortless.

#11 Guest_simpson_*

Guest_simpson_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

hi, thanks for the comments!
you're one of a few who bothered to write something and i appreciate that!

the font size... yup, had a couple of those comments and will definately change the size, when i find the right font :)

now about the frame, do you mean when the lightbox [IT RULES!!!] box opens, a larger frame around my jpg? (if that's the case, i'd like to hear more comments about that, coz i tried it with a couple of images and didn't like it very much :/ i guess it's just a matter of taste. so if someone else tells me thay prefer the frame, i'll consider whanging it)

thanks for the pdf notice, i didn't get that, coz i use opera and it automaticly opens in a new window and nobody mentioned that to meh before :) i'll change that right away!

Thanks again.

#12 engio

engio

Top Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

You're welcome,

No I mean a frame around the main page, to isolate your icons from the rest of the screen. Just something subtle thou, you don't want the frame itself to me the main focus. I'm using a 22' monitor with resolution 1680x1050, and there is a lot of empty area, perhaps it looks much better on a 4:3 screen and lower res.

Lightbox is good as it is imo.

#13 Guest_Lilith_*

Guest_Lilith_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

amazing portfolio :clapping: very nice sketches and presentation layouts! i love it!

#14 Guest_mj1_*

Guest_mj1_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

Hi Simpson, Ive just been blown away looking through your work. As I'm a first year student, what advice can you give on reaching the standard of your work? I'd like to think your sketch standard could be achievable in 2 years if I put the work in, but how did you do it/how long have you been doing it and how often do you do your 'sessions' and how long do they take? Any feedback would be very helpful indeed!

#15 grasshoper

grasshoper

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • At:TU Delft

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

clean and simple i also like it .. but you can increase the dimension of window which your works appear...
www.ahmetbektes.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store