Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fieldman

Help! Logo Of The Chocolate

Guest fieldman

A young businessman needs a logo of a trademark of the expensive chocolate “Makaroffâ€, If we like it, we will sign the contract with you and will make a brandbook. We’re waiting for your ideas on nathfieldman@hotmail.com

Posted in the wrong forum, moved...

As a tip to anyone replying, don't do any work before a contract and payment details have been finalised/signed.

Doing work for free is not recommended, I've read too many stories of people not calling back and just using the result of the free work. Anybody posting such job offers should know that even beginning students shouldn't work for free.

Decide to hire someone based on portfolio work, and setup a contract, stating for example that half of the payments are done in advance, and the other half when the result agreed on in the concept phase has been finalised.

Guest w i l l

I've had a few people lately ask me to do renders for free before any contract. I just make a low res Flash showreel and link them to it to display the work. I might be wrong (probably am) but I don't think you can easily copy images from a Flash showreel... at least it has stopped them for now.

Guest R.B
You can always make screencaps, I'd just slap a big watermark on top :)

yup, or provide low res, small images that would be useless....and only provide full res illustrator files etc on payment.

No offense meant to the OP, but this sounds like the sort of "job" advertisement you see on Deviant Art, not very professional asking someone to copy another design.

Guest Merluzo

but inspite of low res or watermark... anyone who can work in photoshop or any other graphic editor can steal your idea and earn milions thanks to yours work;) there is a high risk in lending or using your work in other way... a year ago one redaction asked me if they can use one of my chops on the cover of they´r magazine and i didn´t see any money that they promised to me up to this day;)... so watch out!

Guest sylvester

Awesome advice Renzsu!

This is important to remember for two reasons:

1. To ensure that your work is not "ripped off"

2. To ensure that your professional integrity is kept intact.

Young designers may find it alluring to jump at an opportunity, but ensure that you

are properly paid for your talent.

Thanks for picking up on that.