Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest husseindesign

Rendering A Car Using Photoshop

Guest andrej
First, we turn the background into a layer by double clicking it. Then set the layer blending mode to Multiply. This allows us to color the sketch without having the lines vanished under the colors.

Hi, could anyone tell me how to set in Photoshop the layer blending mode to multiply? I mean what to click exactly? It's mentioned in the first step of the tutorial.

Thanks, great tutorial!

Look at the layers palette. Click on the layer you want, then near the top of the palette there will be a drop down menu that most likely says "normal" (by default). Click that to scroll down to "multiply".

Guest firestrike

hi hussein im pretty new to the designing thing but your tutorial was absolutly fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heres a few examples of my work using ur tut. its helped A LOT. what do u all think, bearing in mind im only 14? please have a look at my website everone! id like to know what you all think. thanx

My Webpage

ps can anyone tell me how to put pictures in these posts? it wont work

Guest bharath

hii HUSSEIN . ..

Great job.. it was really awesome...

actually i m a beginer.. not evn a beginer exactly....

i wanted to ask u this actually..

which software exactly did u use to render such a marvel...

and using that software can we render 3-d blocks done in softwares such as solid works etc... because i am basically from mechanical background and all my 3-d blocks lack tht attraction due to less rendering effect!!!

i desperatlly need to know.. and if possible can u mention few basic tutorials... of tht software...

will b waitin for ur reply... thnz

and 1s more.. really an awesome work....!!!!

hii HUSSEIN . ..

and using that software can we render 3-d blocks done in softwares such as solid works etc... because i am basically from mechanical background and all my 3-d blocks lack tht attraction due to less rendering effect!!!

i desperatlly need to know.. and if possible can u mention few basic tutorials... of tht software...

The topic is called, 'rendering a car using Photoshop', hope that answers your question :wacko:

Guest bharath
hii HUSSEIN . ..

The topic is called, 'rendering a car using Photoshop', hope that answers your question ;)

This community is called 'product design forum' this topic is called 'rendering a car using Photoshop', don temme such useless comments....... hey renzsu if u cant help others atlst stp mockin at others...

don show ur reckless attitud in this way

hii HUSSEIN . ..

The topic is called, 'rendering a car using Photoshop', hope that answers your question ;)

This community is called 'product design forum' this topic is called 'rendering a car using Photoshop', don temme such useless comments....... hey renzsu if u cant help others atlst stp mockin at others...

don show ur reckless attitud in this way

Hey, sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention. I thought you mentioned with rendering the actual process of coloring the image (which is also called rendering). This was done in Photoshop.

Hussein didn't use any 3d software for as far as I know. A good approach though if you want to get some quick perspective views of your car is to make some quick 3d models from just curves (so no surfaces or solids). Put in some cylinders for the wheels and make 3d curves for the important lines in your model. Then you can use this 3d model to quickly make a number of different views than you can use as guides in Photoshop. Hope that this helps a bit.

Also, it would be good if you don't get to fired up about simple comments like mine above... maybe my comment was a bit cheeky but it's no reason to get so angry ok? It helps a lot in this industry if you have a thick skin...

Guest andol

good man.thanks very much~

but i still have a question, how about the texture details of the car?

Guest fertonon

Hello guys! This is my go at it!

post-2854-1179028986.jpg

I used the techniques Hussein described, plus a couple more little tricks from my very limited knowledge :)

About the path tool, it is also described by Harald Belker in his dvd, and not hard at all. However, i kept on in Hussein´s way, lasso-way hehehehe... because i thought it could be quicker. I can hardly say it was though, lots of little mistakes and inexactanties (doesa that word exist?!), but the final result was that one. Oh yeah, needless to mention, I used another drawing, one of my own... Sedans and Land Rover don´t exatcly match, but it was interesting. :)

Well, I´d love some feedback from Hussein and everyone else who likes to comment on it! :)

Laters!

Fernando

Guest michaelAtSPG

Quick question: am I the only one who cannot see any images on the original post by Hussein?

Not wanting to miss out...