Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest husseindesign

Rendering A Car Using Photoshop

Guest Steppenwolf1980

Hi Hussein!

I really do like your rendering technique, it's really ok. But I don't like the sketch, sorry... it looks a bit too unprofessional and the proportions aren't very correct. But keep it up! ;) Greez

Guest husseindesign
Hi Hussein!

I really do like your rendering technique, it's really ok. But I don't like the sketch, sorry... it looks a bit too unprofessional and the proportions aren't very correct. But keep it up! ;) Greez

The tutorial was made only to show the rendering technique so I didn't pay much attention to the quality of the sketch. Nonetheless I'd like to know what exactly you find off about the proportions, mabe I have an answer icon1.gif

Guest mandezin

HI

Hussein i am Manjunath. I am fond of cars from my childhood . I am a natural good artist and i usually sketch the future cars on the paper. But I saw your portfolio in the cardesignnews.com , as soon i saw your designs i was already lost..... to our designs.

Hey I want some more graphic techniques in rendering a car or bike , pls pls make it to me.............Your great mannnnnnnn

Guest husseindesign
HI

Hussein i am Manjunath. I am fond of cars from my childhood . I am a natural good artist and i usually sketch the future cars on the paper. But I saw your portfolio in the cardesignnews.com , as soon i saw your designs i was already lost..... to our designs.

Hey I want some more graphic techniques in rendering a car or bike , pls pls make it to me.............Your great mannnnnnnn

Welcome aboard :)

The topic shows three tutroials that show the basics of my techniques. This is all you need to get started using Photoshop for your renderings. They were not meant to prescribe any style or a certain technique, but to give you the ability to use these tools to paint and render in your style. Unfortunately some people didn't get it right and rendered their work to be duplicates of my work (rendering style wise)!

So there are a lot of other techniques and tricks that I know but won't put them in any tutorial becuase I want to keep my work different from the others, so I'm sorry for not giving any more details for I think the shown tutorials here are enough for a start and a later own style developement :)

Guest frickecello

Hi, congratz for your work! i have a problem how do you work with more detailed concepts (rear lights, rubber tires, etc)??

im attaching one drawing ive made, hope you like it, and if you want to try feel free to do so, thank you!

post-2591-1122043764.gif

Guest husseindesign

Hi Frickecello.. welcome aboard:)

The perspective in xour drawing isn't dad at all. You need to work more on ellipses. The fender holes look too wide to contain one wheel.

How about you try to render it using the tutorials posted here in this thread. At least I'll be able to see whether they were good or not :)

Guest dandaman

Hey awesome tut!! I really learnt alot!Thats a really awesome sketch bye the way:)

I have a question plz. For the highlights is it better to use a brush or a white to transperent gradient?

And how the heck did u do the digital lines with the line tool?

Oh well, NiCe TuT!!

YOU ARE THE BEST!!

P.S. please reply as this is my 1st post :)

Oh well i'll leave u in peace!BYE!

Guest husseindesign
I have a question plz. For the highlights is it better to use a brush or a white to transperent gradient?

And how the heck did u do the digital lines with the line tool?

welcome aboard dandaman :)

I never use gradients only bushes. You can use gradients if you feel more comfortable using them.. you can't go wrong with that :)

I use the line tool just like I use the poligonal lasso tool. shrot ditants between every click and the next. Or you can just ust the pen tool to make the curves and then strock it.

Guest Astro1derboy

One of the best written tuts I've read in awhile. This is especially great for me since I haven't gotten my Intuos yet.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts/processes. I look forward to reading more from you in the future!

Guest Toby

No Jargon, Simplistic yet effective. The way it should be.

Be nice to see these techniques used in another product exapmle.

thanx!

Guest Crashoverride

Hey! im very new to 'digital' designing and i know(or knew after reading the awesome tutorial ) almost nothing about it. ive sketched on paper till i saw ur tutorial. İ was going to as if u have any software recomendations for a beginer like me. (i mostly design aircraft and futuristic cars.)

Please ignore any spelling mistakes as english is not my 1st language.

Guest husseindesign

his is not a styling tutorial, but a rendering technique tutorial. It's just to show what tools you should use and what to use them for. You can use this technique for anything you want to render, not only cars :)

İ was going to as if u have any software recomendations for a beginer like me. (i mostly design aircraft and futuristic cars.)

İ was going to as if u have any software recomendations for a beginer like me. (i mostly design aircraft and futuristic cars.)

I only work with Photoshop and this tutorial describes a way to render i Photoshop. So I don't really know what softwear else you can use this echnique for (working with layers etc.). I think Paint Shop Pro is a similar softwear, but I'm not really sure about that :)