Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Bluetooth Headset Breakdown

Hey fellows:

Many friends asked for this, so here we are...

For dimensions and other images, refer to the Sep. 3D Modeling Challenge.

post-4562-1163959904.jpg

Take care that you don't want to "merge" in the majority of the time, because we want separated solids.

post-4562-1163960177.jpg

post-4562-1163960261.jpg

post-4562-1163960313.jpg

post-4562-1163960382.jpg

Guest swarzy

Hi ragde,

with this and bottle milk tutorial, now i can start use Solidworks with advance surfaces!

Thanks a lot ;-)

Guest w i l l

Like the modelling skills radge! Not sure about the render setup... thats pretty crazy.

Guest w i l l

I've got a question about Photoworks actually ... how do you know where East, West etc are in relation to the model?

Hi Will:

Here are some images that clarifies the matters (north, east??)

post-4562-1164748425.jpg

So if you select the room to be aligned with model X-Z plane those are the cardinal points.

post-4562-1164748523.jpg

See you my friend...

Guest mcgreg

I'm having a small/big problem with SW2007. When I try to make the first split body on this piece, the program crashes with a pure flutuation error (wathever that means...) I tried to perform the same operation on another (different) computer and the same happened!

I haven't tried this operation on another piece yet to see if it's just with this one or if it's generalized. Tomorrow I'll check this out.

Does anyone has the same problem?

Well, when I did the Headset I used SW2006, then with SW2007 I did the tutorial, so I don't know if doing the piece entirely in SW2007 we meet that problem.

Anyway, 2007 SP0 sometimes give me some rare mistakes, like not allowing me to import AutoCAD DWG as sketch. (sometimes yes, sometimes no).

I am going to try to build the model in 2007 from scratch and I let you know

Guest mcgreg

I guess I figured out what was the problem!

Basically, I just moved the features between the kniting and the spliting for after the spliting and everything turned out fine!

don't know why, but it worked! And when that happens, better leave it at that! :D

Guest w i l l
Hi Will:

Here are some images that clarifies the matters (north, east??)

post-4562-1164748425.jpg

So if you select the room to be aligned with model X-Z plane those are the cardinal points.

post-4562-1164748523.jpg

See you my friend...

Radge I'm not sure if that is correct. I worked out the North is on the XY plane... where did you get that information?

Cheers.

From the SW help file!

The default Top Plane position is aligned with the X-Z Plane. So the Floor is X-Z, North is Y-Z and East X-Y.

Try this:

Do a cubic model starting a sketch on the TP.

Then go to the Scene Manager (PW) and go to the ROOM Tab. (You see there that "Align with Model X-Z" is selected by default).

Select The North, East and Floor to be Visible (turn off the other).

Use the same material for all the selected walls (plastic polished or whatever) but change the color for each one (let's say Blue for North, Red for East, White for the Floor- Just to visible differentiate the walls).

Now render and you will see where N & E are.

ciao.

Guest w i l l

Oh right, because I played around with it turning some walls to constant and from the shadows worked out otherwise.