Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

November 3d Modeling Challenge

Guest monkeyboy

Ragde - thanks for the comments, as I voted for this and it won I thought I'd better get something together and post it.

Its quite trickey but worth the effort - sometimes you dont get to choose what you model up and this is certainly not a day to day item for CAD so would encourage people to give it a go.

You are correct, Monkeyboy:

I know that maybe some people are afraid (or reluctant) to give it a try to that kind of challenges, as you said, it is not a day to day item for practical CAD, but it is a huge leap in the learning process of oneself to complete something like that.

I am working on my final model... hope to finish in a few days.

Ciao

(Amvi: That's normal somehow, when you have difficult task, specially for the time and effort that this demands, peeps prefer to wait and see how other solved the project. Keep going!!) (And, of course in these days we celebrate special times).

Hi Everyone

Due to the Holidays or somehow the November poll is not so active

Well as for me, I was in FLA last week for Thanksgiving (to see my mom) and just generally being very busy with work stuff (that's a good thing!).

Muggs

Guest mcgreg

@#$@#$! My screen at home just burned out and been quite busy at work, which means, no time to work on the challenge... I'll try to find an alternative!

Can't let all that effort go to waste! :)

Well Friends:

I got tired!!!

I made the head (more or less) but no more!

Let's move on to the December 3D Modeling Challenge.

post-4562-1165372514.jpg

P.D.:

I will post the breakdown of the first trial that I did, for the friends that want to see that.

CIAO, and ... Good Modeling !!

Guest Carbon
Well Friends:

I got tired!!!

I made the head (more or less) but no more!

I feel your pain.

The model is quite complex.

Nice work!

Guest mcgreg

Finally, it's finished! Here's a pic of some renderings!

chesshorserenderhu2.jpg

I know there are some contours missing, and that the "hair" is kinda scketchy, but for a first modelling challenge I think it's ok!

One thing that I wasn't able to do is to unite the head and the torso! There's some geometry error that doesn't allow it!

And another thing is the size of the solidworks part... around 27Mb! It's probably due to all of the extra features I tried and deleted during the modelling!

Another thing I tried to make sure is that, in case this would be to do a plastic mold, all the surfaces near the center are perpendicular to the central plane.

By the way, would it be possible to make just one piece out of it with the mold tools (to avoid the separate head/torso)?! Perhaps something like the trick that was used to measure the total volume of the plastic bottle? (I don't know very well how to work with it yet...).

Well, that's that!

Nice work, and Nice Rendering!

You can improve further more the eye of the horse, by trimming a hole there and path with a Filled Surface.

The head that I did was 37MB. And the First trial 131MB!

See you in the next challenge...

Ciao

Guest slowhand
...More coming....
Unbelievable :shocking:

Looks great :clapping:

I'd like to see more :)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.