Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mitja

5 Minutes Sketches

It's okay (and often preferable in order to lead the eye) to leave parts of your drawing less detailed, or even unfinished, but I think it's important to at least ghost in the lines that show the complete profile of the vehicle. It's pretty jarring to have a detailed drawing that just kind of fades off, and it makes it much more difficult to read the proportions. Just throwing in a quick, gestural outline of what the other side looks like, and it's a lot easier to understand.

Guest Mitja

Some are unfinished couse I lost out of paper :) Sketch bigger than canvas. But understand that in unfinished sketch shoul be at least ghost lines

Im just kiding around, doing brainstorming :)

I like this one. It's a fun-looking sketch page with some neat ideas.

Your most recent scan, not so much. You're getting there with your drawing skills, but you need to start really taking a look at design and proportions. Your details are actually pretty good, it's getting them to work with the overall forms that's the tricky part.

Guest doolittle2278

1555143912_l.jpg

here is just an example of a GTO concept for 2008,

Media:

Prismacolor Markers

Prismacolor pastels

Bic Pen

Tracing paper

What could be better?

the rims

1555142350_l.jpg

A 2005 crossover design,

target: Infiniti market

Guest doolittle2278

Here is my concept of a G35 sedan rear 3/4.

Perspective is a little off on the a-pillar.

the fender flairs are only on the rear half.

Not so good scan. Im practing cars.

These are great, proportions need just some fine tuning.

post-8520-1166410163.jpg

Guest john-john

Hy Mitja , your wacom audi sketch is very nice! try to keep that touch , i like this more athn the rest (except the shoe)

john

Guest iliffe

doolittle...

i think ur sketches are good, just however if you look at most cars, the B post isnt straight up or bending outwards.

try rapping the B post towards the roof alot more!

just a suggestion :)

Okay, I give... what is the purpose of not drawing the whole wheel? Like, a lot of you guys draw the hub, most of the rim, and the top section of tire, but then you're leaving it all splayed out on the bottom. Why?

Guest doolittle2278
Okay, I give... what is the purpose of not drawing the whole wheel? Like, a lot of you guys draw the hub, most of the rim, and the top section of tire, but then you're leaving it all splayed out on the bottom. Why?

my guess is as good as any,.. I think its more of a stylistic thing than anything else.

Iliffe, that is definitely the suggestion I needed!!!! thanks!!

doolittle: If you could please start your own thread for your sketches since this one is Mitjas work. It'll let us give you better feedback without getting confused as to whos drawing what.

It minimizes the appearance of the gap between the car and the ground. There are many ways to accomplish this using line weight on the elippses, cutting the tire off with the ground plane, etc. It makes the sketch look lower and more aggressive, the same reason most cars are drawn with 30" wheels and 12" high greenhouses.

Guest doolittle2278
doolittle: If you could please start your own thread for your sketches since this one is Mitjas work. It'll let us give you better feedback without getting confused as to whos drawing what.

It minimizes the appearance of the gap between the car and the ground. There are many ways to accomplish this using line weight on the elippses, cutting the tire off with the ground plane, etc. It makes the sketch look lower and more aggressive, the same reason most cars are drawn with 30" wheels and 12" high greenhouses.

You got it,... ill start a new thread, sorry if I overlapped on Mitja's work (I am a noobie)

Guest fblacka

nice progress Mitja ... o and u can easily tune your scanned drawings in a few secs by playing with the contrast and color balance, etc in ps ...

corrcv9.jpg