Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mitja

5 Minutes Sketches

Guest fblacka

keep pushing tho watch the ellipses and the proportions ... fill a few pages just with ellipses and circles ... its a good exercise ...

Guest snugja

perpsective is WAAAAY too distorted... especially on the second one. try to keep ur lines flowing and not so scratchy.

Guest Mitja

is it better to draw less lines or I must draw a lot of details. I think less is better. Here is my quick repair of forst one. I think elipses is better and better perstective.

post-6414-1164316994.jpg

Try playing with some different perspectives/angles. Put down some construction lines and use them to help guide the form. Doing a sketch from a very high 3/4 angle and some other different views helps keep your brain on track a little more. I have the same problem where I find myself constantly drawing the same 3/4 angle because most of my other drawings turn to crap.

You've got a good base though. I might also stick to pen because your pen drawings seem to be a lot punchier and have a nicer contrast.

Guest ninja/japan

Your Shoe sketch is very well !!!

But cars sketch is little not satisfactory.

I think you shoud look Cars and think Forming .

good luck

Work on building up multiple line weights in your drawings. It will make them visually read better. Also avoid the random shadow blobs, don't be afraid to make a sharp shadow, it will usually work better then just a dark patch underneath.

Better lines, shadow looks weird still (should be closer to the bottom of the shoe, it looks like the shoe is floating above something. Also I'm not sure what the red glow is in the shadow, it looks a little distracting.

The lines are still a bit scratchy. Have you seen Parels rendering tutorial? You might want to try something similar where you rough in all your lines, then create a new layer and go over them with 2 or 3 distinctly weighted lines, then hide (or lower the opacity) of the sketchy lines. Your result will be a cleaner sketch.

Overall though the form and proportion looks good and the shading works pretty well. The area on the top right at the back of the foot could use a little color to make it look rounded, looks a bit flat compared to everything else right now.