• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BloodRabbit_*

Guest_BloodRabbit_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:08 PM

Hey

This is my concept phone,
I made it after I got annoyed at all the useless features on my phone (last night).

This phone can only be used to call with, no sms, mms, camera or garage opener.

Im not sure if all the componnets needed can fit in my tiny phone, but hey its a concept modell.

Explaining the button system, hmm when you but your fingertip (tumb) in the grove on the 123 button,
you get 1 by manipulateing it to the left, 3 to the right and 2 by pressing the button down (if this dont explain it well enough I hope the picture will fill in the gaps.

the big silver button on top releases the spring loaded display to get called ID and to recieve you press it again while the display is out, to hang up a call you simply close the display by pushing it in (and loading the spring again).

The display is a lcd of the old calculator type whitout the reflective backing, so its seetrough.

Edit: Image moved from reply #11 up here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rune Larsen

#2 Guest_anand raj_*

Guest_anand raj_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

i want this phone...
love the thinking, design, renderings,....,evrything!!

#3 Guest_ZO::_*

Guest_ZO::_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:17 PM

Back to the basics !!! I like it...good work...now you have to ask Nokia or SonyEricsson if they want to produce it...lol

#4 Guest_ZO::_*

Guest_ZO::_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

Wait...maybe ask to Victorinox ....

#5 Guest_nacho_grande_*

Guest_nacho_grande_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:23 AM

Nice concept. It is a little hard to dial though.

#6 Guest_BloodRabbit_*

Guest_BloodRabbit_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:12 AM

glad you like it.
Find me a company that will make it, and ill give you one :)
Victorinox was a nice idea, I could actually see them releasing something like this.
nacho these buttons act alot like your mousewheel, so different maybe, but hard to dail whit I dont think so.

#7 Guest_DevrajJoshi_*

Guest_DevrajJoshi_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

thats genious - though id have to ash that it has bluetooth so i can use it with a headset cos it might be a little akward for my massive hands to hold something so small against my face. Loving the back - to -basics thing though; mms and mp3s on phones are superfilous imho. The flipout calculator screen is a clever solution. I get how the 3-way buttons would work, but be careful its not too fiddly to use cos again someone with chunky fingers like me might not be able to use it fluently. Please say you can assigh some speed dials to those buttons... [123] Home [456] Misses Mobile [789] Mario's Pizza [*0#] Voicemail.

Anyway -kudos dude- i think the design rocks.

#8 Guest_ditman_*

Guest_ditman_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:22 PM

It’s interesting, this is simply a suggestion not a criticism. You have to consider if there’s a market driven need for this product, do people need it to be ‘this’ simple or is there functions the consumer needs. An example of this would be that people have been trained by the idea of phone books as a built in function, I only know a few of my numbers. People may find it inconvenient that they’ll have to drag around their numbers in an old fashioned paper phone book and flick through it every time they need a number, that’s ok for a land-line because chances are, it’s on the table beside the phone. Also text messaging is huge, most people I know text more than call. Also delete functions for when you’re typing in a numbers and you get it wrong, but that’s easily fixed.

I like concept great though, I like it.

#9 Guest_john-john_*

Guest_john-john_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:43 PM

Very interesting concept you should propose it to some brand , i'm sure they will be interested.
You can make it with the ipod color like metal white and show it to apple ...I'm sure someone will contact you soon , a good idea such as this will make some noise...Great work and great thinking
Wait and see!!

Bye john

#10 Guest_BloodRabbit_*

Guest_BloodRabbit_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:44 PM

Bluetooth, I don't think so, it goes against the concept, speed dailing could be done. Big fingers shouldn't be a problem since you only need to fit the tip of your finger in the button and holding it is as easy as holding your toothbrush or a thick pen.
It could have a simple menu whit numbers stored in, imble by hoding down 2 till the menu shows and using 1 and 3 as directional buttons and modifing the disply to show simple letters wouldnt be complicated eather, but thats technical mubojumbo and isnt a task for me to figure out.

Here is my marked analysis:
I was fideling whit my phone the other night, got pissed at the camera function I never use and figured there most be more people who want a (2nd) mobilephone whitout all the crap on it that does the basics of a phone (to call whit).

was it hard to imagine the size of the phone from the pictures?

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I hope someone contacts me and want to make it

#11 Guest_BloodRabbit_*

Guest_BloodRabbit_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:54 AM

I had another design just about finished, but it didnt explain the concept (button system) well enough, now that the buttons are well enough explained here it is:

Edit: Image moved to the first post

#12 Guest_desecrator_*

Guest_desecrator_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:54 AM

to slide the buttons to your left/right, you'll have to apply a lil pressure, meaning the button will get pressed. so there'll be a lot of 2's and 5's and 8's that way.

nice concept btw :P

#13 Guest_BloodRabbit_*

Guest_BloodRabbit_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:12 AM

how ofen do you accidently press your mousewheel down when you tryed to scroll?
I think this button system could work quite nicely, but ofcourse I do, I used it in my design.

#14 Guest_desecrator_*

Guest_desecrator_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:48 AM

dude thats a wheel and this is a sliding button...there's clearly a difference between the two.

unless you have a wheel under each button here, there'll always be a tendency to press the button down...electronic equipment IS sensitive and has to be, else you'll keep taking it to get your microswitch replaced :P

#15 Guest_ditman_*

Guest_ditman_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:04 PM

BloodRabbit, all of this feedback is valid and you shouldn’t just brush them away so quickly, research it,

but that’s technical mubojumbo and isnt a task for me to figure out.

That’s not the best view to have mate, you’re the designer? Any company that considers taking you on with this product won’t be impressed with that attitude towards a product!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: