Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

October 3d Modeling Challenge

Guest Victor

Hi, Can you send me the model, so I can check it out? I use SolidWorks for at work but I am not very good with surfaces.

Thank you.

Victor.

Sorry now that I am looking at it, I used less lines in the loft command. But pretty much I modeled it like you did. If you like I can send you the model.

Guest Amvi

Finally i could do the grooves

I could solidify the surfaces but i still could not use combine feature to make these grooves.

So i used loop cut and revolved cut to make these groove

post-7819-1164823739.jpg

Guest lukasek81

hm i tried to create this knife, but i cannot do 2 step in this tutorial... i'm just new in surface modeling. can somene send a model tha i can see exactly how to make step by step, or show me excatly how to draw 2nd and 3rd step in these in the begining... my meil lukasek81@op.pl

of course i'll try make by my self - i'll hope i'll make it with (or maybe without) your help.

thanks

Guest Gavztheouch

Great work with the tutorial walkthrough Ragde.

Does anyone know how to set an image/blueprints (ie... jpeg of knife) in the viewport of solidworks to help with the dimensions.

Thanks

Guest speedy3000
one more, B)

post-3609-1192136976.jpg

Nice render AxelRod, could you please explain how you set up the gradient background in Photoworks?

I mostly use plain white background for my renders but i really like you're black/grayish setup...so please share :)

Guest AxelRod
one more, :D

post-3609-1192136976.jpg

Nice render AxelRod, could you please explain how you set up the gradient background in Photoworks?

I mostly use plain white background for my renders but i really like you're black/grayish setup...so please share :)

I am using Hypershot for the rendering.

Guest speedy3000

Okay thanks..just downloaded the trial version of Hypershot to check it out. Seems like a nice render package so far.

Guest AxelRod
Okay thanks..just downloaded the trial version of Hypershot to check it out. Seems like a nice render package so far.

In hypershot i used the studiolighting hdr, and turned on the the option "flatten ground" within the environment tab.

I was hooked on hypershot the first time i used it... Its still a very new product, and there are some kinks to work out, but the investment was well worth it. It has already payed for itself. Trying to get the lighting right in photoworks is frustrating at times because you have to sit and wait, tweak some things, wait some more. The realtime preview lets the raytracing come in slowly over the whole image, so you can see right away if the changes you made were what you wanted. This is great when you have some one standing over your shoulder saying, "what if ...." One thing that really needs some work is the ability to talk to photoworks on the data import. I still need to render with photoworks when it comes to adding decals. According to support, SW2008 has new API for photoworks, so im waiting for the next version which should talk with SW and PW.

If you downloaded the trial, there is a mustang model you can download from their forum to play with.

Guest w i l l

I had about 5 render variations of this knife going but i had to stop them cos i have to do some real work now. Here is one view - i was trying out a few different materials > I made a Titanium for the blade and kind of high gloss anodised Aluminium (like on SIGG bottles) for the blue. Benefits of Multilight....

2083737483_3ed710f953.jpg

2084522436_8041359da0.jpg

2083736985_1ab1bc2d7e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.