Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

October 3d Modeling Challenge

Guest mcgreg

Fantastic work everybody!

I have mine almost finished, but I haven't had the time to work on it... and I've been having some trouble with the handle part as well. I know it's to late, but also only started it on the 29th of October and haven't touched it for almost a week now.

Any how, if I'm able to finish it someday I'll post it here!

Don't promise anything, but I'll try harder on the November challenge! :P

Guest Extruded Boss

Ragde

Great Tutorials, really a big help for us Solidworks newbies.

Thanks for your expertise and to all the Gurus (Parel, Renzu et al.) as well.

p.s. can you also do a breakdown-how to for the Bluetooth earpiece, if you don't mind.

Thx again,

Ceva

Guest raymond

Hey guys ,

this is my first post .i have done the knife modeling and rendering i want to upload my img file but

the system tells this:'The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.'

I don't know why. Is it because the file is out of limitation or because i'm in china,it's not able to post a picture?

Raymond

Dear Raymond:

Your image have to be no more than100 kb of size, in order to upload properly.

Just use your imaging package and reduce the size of the image, then try to post again.

Ciao

Guest raymond

post-7694-1163639387.jpg

thank you ragde for your help

but i still don't know how to post a img.when i click "add the attachment" it turns to the home page

thank goodness i finaly post the img

so i think I'd better give you a url

i can see it here but I'm not sure whether you can

I modeled it in rhino and rendered it in cinema 4D

I noticed that many of you do the 3D sketch in solidworks but isn't it that rhino&alias is more fit for design

sketching anybody tells me the reason?

Edited by raymond

Guest Perfectude

hi Raymond..

can't access your image

i don't think Rhino or Alias is better for 3d sketches it just a matter of what you feel best.. and of budget costs...

Guest Carbon
i don't think Rhino or Alias is better for 3d sketches it just a matter of what you feel best.. and of budget costs...

And also what software the client uses.

If the client uses SW, then it is very convenient (engineers can make adjustments etc).

So you need to consider the work process as a whole also.

The more different software you know, the better.

Guest Amvi

Hi Every Body

Thank to Admin for this wonderful forums and tutorials

I'm Thinh, a new member

It's kind of late to post my knife and it is not finished yet. So i just post quick rendering version

I could not use Combine comand to subtract the groove on the handle. Eventhough i did try to Knit the surface and try to form solid, but it did not work out. I don not know why, but i could use this comand on solid part, not on surface.http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/azianlkboi/detail?.dir=/c8bcre2&.dnm=96f3re2.jpg&.src=ph

Any sugguestion or help is appreciated.

Thanks

post-7819-1163530843.jpg

Very Nice Amvi!! ;)

You probably have to check the surfaces that form the Handle prior to knitting, maybe you have some gap overthere. Remember that Knit to a Solid only function on closed space.

ciao, and good work.

Guest raymond
And also what software the client uses.

If the client uses SW, then it is very convenient (engineers can make adjustments etc).

So you need to consider the work process as a whole also.

The more different software you know, the better.

exact

I know some one he had been using pro-e for his hole university life,but when he tried to get the offer for GM,

hi was told this offer requires professional sw skill,but how could a student learn so much in only four years

ps:now my img is available```

Guest Carbon
I know some one he had been using pro-e for his hole university life,but when he tried to get the offer for GM,

hi was told this offer requires professional sw skill,but how could a student learn so much in only four years

Not in four years, but you continue to learn for the rest of your life.

If you discover for an example, that lack of a certain skill is costing you lots of job offers or you find some particular field just interesting, then you find the means to study that further.

Guest Amvi
Very Nice Amvi!! ;)

You probably have to check the surfaces that form the Handle prior to knitting, maybe you have some gap overthere. Remember that Knit to a Solid only function on closed space.

ciao, and good work.

Thank you Radge

I will check it back, and i have learned alot in this forum.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.