Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest uncy_chris

Music To Design To

Guest uncy_chris

I was just wondering what everyone's choice of music is while they come up with the next great idea.

For me, I like to have pretty chilled out stuff, provided I'm not knackered else I'll probably fall asleep. Downtempo artists like Air, Bonobo, Nightmares on Wax really relax me and I think help my brain work!

So what stuff do you put on?

Oh and by the way, if you've got 5 mins perhaps you can have a look here and give me some suggestions:-

http://www.productdesignforums.com/index.p...t=0entry15208

Guest SPUDS

mines heavy metal - usually the modern stuff with quick drum beats and edgy vocals..........it gives me the edgy aesthetics that this modern era so much desires

Guest Marra

I can go from wanting to listen to the cream of minimal techno from Richie Hawtin to absolute silence, it just depends what kind of mood I am in.

I usually prefer silence though when I am working and music while I walk and think when going to places.

I generally think whilst between places then jot them down when I get home.

Guest lufrbasketch

I like listening to artists like electronica like amon tobin or jaga jazzist for when im doing the actual designing because it helps infuluence me. but for research and pre-design work I listen to alot of post rock or softer music like godspeed you black emperor or mono.

Guest Bart den Bok

Definitely Rock(&Roll), like the White Stripes/Kravtiz/Kaiser Chiefs/Nine Inch Nails/Stereophonics/Snow Patrol and more!! But also Manu Chao/Air/Beck and many more... To all the Dutch people, Spinvis and Stuurbaard Bakkebaard rock!

Guest Robomod

My favorites:

-TRS-80- http://www.trs80.com/ These guys pulled me through a semester when I downloaded a couple free mp3s off of their site which I stumbled upon while doing some reasearch.

-Aphex Twin- tons of good stuff to work to.

-MF Doom- hip-hop instumentals

Guest ROBOTMAMMAL

Fight Club soundtrack- Lots of different moods and contrasts in there

Model 500- Bit old school but it puts me in a 'basic' mood, good to get concepts too.

Industral techno- Just for when im rendering, bit too hectic to think too.

Arctic Monkeys- Because i dont have a choice, my housemate plays them none stop. Actually, i think hes trying to go through the proceedings of adopting them.

Guest boosch

yep bitta D+B for me, on the train where the pleasures of public transport fuel my concepts. Besided lyrics confuse and distract me, all talk no action! recommend 'Adam F' the old stuff like 'colours', incredible. anything from Hype and Andy C for fast rendering, just trying out DJ vital-good so far. hows the bubbler going?

Guest aqua

heheh nice question. i listen to RnB, Hip Hop, Rap and a bit of everything to be fair.Btw just bought Sean Paul Trinity