Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
bowlofnoodle

Noodle's Car Design!

Hey all,

Heres a car rendering I did...Something more sustainable and desirable. The aim was to create something "bold and though". It was a ballance between realistic and something totally different. Anyways comments?

post-282-1159501751.jpg

post-282-1159501803.jpg

Guest newt @ MWE

hey

i like it. it is deffinitely bold. it seems a little more sexy than tough.

was there any inspiration from a horse hoof in the front end? thats kind of what i saw in the first 3/4 view. great thought for toughness.

your compostitions are nice as well,very bold and aggressive. i love the marker work in ther top reflections. it really has a sense of scenery with out actually incorporating scenery.

newt

Guest Jambon

You should call it the Cameltoe.

Disclaimer: I know that it invites a certain comparison, but it really does look like a camel hoof.

great perspective and loose renders! Very nice. The design however looks bloated. It looks like the two "humps" are extraneous and hollow.

IMHO - it needs to look more intentional.

Guest Jambon

On a more practical note, I think the front might pose a problem in accidents. It's essentially an inverse cowcatcher, meaning anything hitting near the middle will be dragged towards the middle, where it will either end up under the car, flat on the hood, or somewhere just over your head, none of which are terribly pleasant places to be.

Heh Camel toe funny one, well the inspiration came from thinking of having wheels powered by independent electric motors. I drew heaps of thumbnails and just choose one and blown it up. It's still a rough idea, havent really refine it and got to work on the details.

It's really a styling exercise so its not really practical. It needs 2 seat aswell, a car with one seat dosent really encourage getting people together.

Guest Jambon

Speaking of independent electric motors, the Audi R-Zero Concept Car has something similar to what you're talking about. Not sure if you've already seen it, but if not it's worth taking a look at.

Guest R.B

That's a pretty funky approach....but pointy bits up front, that's a killer in the boring safety aspects of things *lol*

Guest anand raj

the car looks nice but the car and the background seem to mix in the rendering. i would suggest a lighter color for the car.

nice design though :D