Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jasmine

Help Needed On Making Sunglasses

Guest jasmine

Hello all. Im new here and to designing objects with Solidworks (or any other program) in general. I would like to learn making objects programs, but I dont know how as the tutorial does not help me much.

Id like to make a pair of sunglasses in Solidworks, so can anyone help me out by listing step by step procedures or giving me a link to a site that already has a sunglass tutorial? It doesnt have to be a complex pair, just something that resembles one. Even a tutorial on making normal spectacles in solidworks would be suffice.

Im using Solidworks 2006.

Thank you.

Guest tom_j_owen

alright pal,

it may be easier to help if you can give some idea of what design you want to roll with as eveything you wish to make has a million ways of doing it.

i would start by sketching out you specs. depending if you want the 'wire' frame type or the new 'alien eye' wrap type you could use a selection of sweeps or surfacing perhaps.

get a skecth drawn up (doesnt matter how good, just so we get the idea) post it here and one of us will give you a hand getting the modelling done.

is that ok?

tom

Guest Lee Bazalgette

hey,

Also, check google groups for comp.cad.solidworks as there are loads of really good users there who can help...

LB