Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest molested_cow

Ok, I guess there's nothing to lose...

Guest molested_cow

www.coroflot.com/juanyh

edit by Renzsu: hope you don't mind, I added some url tags around your site address, so that people can click it. Btw, nice portfolio, I like your style!

Guest antidesign

Hi

nice portfolio, you are clearly talented at sketching and just about everything else.

One criticism though, when you look at the page the main pic looks great but the other thumnails are a blur of pencil sketches. You could do with putting a clear bold thumnail in for each as a shortcut or you could spend ages moving all those line drawings to the bottom of each image. I know which I'd do!

Also there's no info about what you did on you internship.

Here's mine My Folio

Feel free

antidesign

Guest molested_cow

Well, there is limited space on what I can put on, and in fact, the 5 pics added up to almost 500kb. I'm too lazy to like it to somewhere else.... oh wait, how do I do that?

Anyways, I haven't really updated anything since the start of the summer. I guess I will include what I did during the internship then.

Thx!

Just curious how is it like in conventry? I have heard much about the transportation program, probably just as much as you've heard about CCS, but little on products. I am interested to know the nature of the program... aesthetic driven, crafts driven, engineering driven or...? Facilities, faculties, supports, sponsored programs and so on....

In CCS, a lot is depended on the students. It's up to them to work hard, ask questions, fight for internships and get jobs. We have pretty good facility, but again, that's only so much. If we need special aid, we have to look for the resources.

Guest antidesign

Actaully I hadn't heard of CCS (what does that stand for?) but then I'm not a transport designer. We work with them a bit in the second year and they make huge amounts of mess in the workshops the rest of the time.

The IPD course is similar with a big emphasis on sink or swim for students. We learn more from each other and our placements than from the lecturers. The departmant is engineering which is odd because transport and consumer are art. They say its half art half engineering which is true, we do mechanics and thermofluids as well as concept design. I would say the support was poor, workshops are old and there is no funding for materials etc.

Did you know that you can apply a seperate thumbnail at the cost of some of your space. It might be worth it for the one that appears in the search page.

Any criticism of the portfolio? I guess I'll put it in the correct forum.