Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest woli

Intro

Guest woli

Hey there guys

its oli... I've been using this forum all over summer and have learnt a hell of a lot.

Although un-credited, the information and feedback on ideas and work you can recieve here is absolutely priceless.

If you've not looked around already there are sub-forums on finished projects/work in progress, 2d work like presentations and sketching skills, 3d help for rhino/pro e/solidworks etc and placement and job vacancies.

Listen to these guys... theyre genuine professionals in the industry and some students from more design-established universities than our own.

One last tip would be to check out as many of the guys' portfolios as is humanly possible because you'll see the level we have to achieve to even wish we were a part of the industry is a giant step above most of what we have achieved in our first year.

Anyways look forward to seeing you all again on monday and good luck to everyone for the 2nd year and flinking placement searching.

woli xx

Guest Tall Jewish Guy

I agree with you very much. It really gives you a better benchmark to judge your work than I've-seen-it-all lecturers and I-dont-care-in-the-slightest friends. Very handy site I've found.

Guest P_codling

This is an old topic i know but i graduated this year with a 1st from brighton and i know the stresses you will be going through. I have just started my first full time design job and i had a good placement too.

If you would like a hand with anything or advice, give me a mail and i'll see what i can do. I only whish someone had said this to me last year.

P_codling@hotmail.com

Good luck.

Guest Adamgc

Same here, ex Brighton student who did a runner and joined Brunel! Feel free to drop me a line about anything you like and I'll do my best to lend a hand.

Apparently in in charge of this board too.... oh the power!!!!