Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rickardo

THE AIR CAR!

Yikes, ugly metals indeed. I love the concept too, but I don't understand why they didn't put a little bit more effort on the styling. Same story for the Honda Insight. The Toyota Prius did a better job.

"The vehicle´s design is based on the needs of a typical family"... um.. no matter how good the principle behind the idea is, if it doesn't look good, people won't buy it.

I'm all for products that work in innovative ways and that are exciting or enjoying to use, but from a commercial point of view they have to realise that looks are very important. I can understand the idea that it can't be too radical or people will be afraid of getting too much attention when driving around, but they WILL get it in a car like that now..

I think the original multipla body would have been great for this car, downsized of course, but that quirky look fitted the car perfectly.

Guest Rickardo
no matter how good the principle behind the idea is, if it doesn't look good, people won't buy it.

I coulden't agree more! What looks good, sells!

Maybe they should have tryed putting the engine into the little "SMART" car.

it's a cool city car and it would fit the "ENVIROMENTAL IN THE CITY" tag.

Cutting down the da

Think of the potencial, the ultimate city car.

Maybe I'm getting carried away.

Dreams are all we have. ^_^

Peace

I'm all for green cars, but what many people seem to forget is the fact that the electricity that those cars run on has to come from somewhere. If they come from green energy sources like windgenerators, solar cells or water energy, that's all cool, but currently engergy still by large comes from burning coal. That doesn't make electric cars environmentally friendly at all in my eyes, they only remove the exhaust fumes from the city areas and keep them at the energy plants.

Fuell cell cars aren't much better, creating the hydrogen and oxygen requires a lot of energy, energy that again comes from mostly coal burning.

In the end I think cars that run on methane gas are still the best option for now, with hydrogen cars in the future, getting their energy from hydrogen created with a mix of green energy sources and nuclear fusion.

Ok, perhaps a bit of a rant here, but just to illustrate that politicians may talk all positive about green cars, they don't seem to understand the downsides.