Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Renzsu

Sketch Challenge 14: Snowboard Boot

Guest jomiz80

Some sketches with a fine-tip sharpie... and a more developed rendering in sketchbook pro. First time drawing any type of shoe... quite a challenge. Good practice none the less.

snowboardpdforumsyk9.jpg

Guest snugja

the skecth on the lower right is sweet, but I think you lost it with the color rendering. It's too flat as it is.

Guest PvdP

Ahhhhhh! Just in time I think..... During these dark and cold days I tend to get bored. Sketching beats hanging in front of the TV so this will be my new therapy I hope.

A big HI to you all! Thank you in advance for helping me through the winter :-)

post-7809-1163440626.jpg

Guest anesium

some nice sketchs, but as a snowboarder the designs are weak and out dated. Take a look at some of the new snowboarding boots. They are futurisitc, and complex. Traditional shoe like laces are rarely used anymore.

Guest JamesUK

BOA type lacing (wire and auto tightening) can be unreliable and is arguably over complicated, I am also a snowboarder, and know that many of us, myself included will go for laces every time.

the KISS principle really applies here, if i snap a lace on the mountain i can whack a spare one on in a couple of minutes, but if a boa wire system breaks you'd be lucky to get it fixed on the same holiday yet alone same day.

Its much the same with bindings, the more complex they are, the more can go wrong!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.