Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

3d Model Design Challenge - September -Still Alive Post your HeadSet!

Guest jbagg22

hey guys,

just started learning surfacing, been using solidworks for about a year. saw this post and figured it would be a good learning experience, sorry it's a little late. i used the general geometry but made up the rest.

here's another

post-7073-1161116421.gif

post-7073-1161116710.gif

Guest jbagg22

thanks! haha its funny that you should ask - i basically learned surfacing from your mouse tutorial (thanks!) and read over your lighting technique. it was done in photoworks (2006), and used dark room planes with two spotlights, a camera, and depth of field. they actually look a lot better on my computer - they got really fuzzy when i converted them to gif and uploaded them.

Never use GIF's for that kind of purpose. You're only getting 256 colors in a GIF which means you get that terrible dithering effect.

If anything save an uncompressed format out of Photoworks (like a TIFF or BMP) and then compress it to a JPG in Photoshop. Usually the quality/compression methods used by the 3d app are pretty poor and a good rendering isn't worth much if it's full of artifacts.

Guest raymond

post-7694-1164975253.jpg

hi ,

since the november challenge is too hard for me i did this one instead,

modeled in rhino rendered in vray for rhino

Guest mcgreg

In between experiments I was able to finish this challenge! Better late then never! :)

headsetcompleterq4.jpg

headsetcomplete00gz9.jpg

I tried tweeking with the lights and materials and decided to stop with these setups. Time to move on!

Guest Dipumon

Hi friends,

This is my first post to this forum, and am posting my version of Bluetooth Headset. Had great fun doing it!!!!

Regards,

Dipu

post-23224-1220964536.jpg

post-23224-1220964622.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.