Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

3d Model Design Challenge - September -Still Alive Post your HeadSet!

Dear Friends:

Here we are for the 3D Modeling Design Challenge for this month of September.

Here we posted the Image and Drawings for the Headset 3 (The Item winner in the last poll)...

So. GET STARTED and Enjoy Modeling!!...

As always, this is not a tutorial, but we can share methods, ideas, advices, etc..

post-4562-1157300620.jpg

Headset Front...

post-4562-1157300690.jpg

Headset Right view...

post-4562-1157300758.jpg

Headset Top...

post-4562-1157300785.jpg

Notes:

You can modify the sketches to include details not shown in them but visible in the image.

You can infere the missing dimensions from the sketch itself.

See you all, and...

GOOD MODELLING !!!

Dear Cyberdemon:

I did not find those images... sorry

But I think that with the info shown we can do the item..

Anyway, let me know.

Ciao

Thanks bowl. I captured a bunch of high res images and saved them to my site. They can be viewed here:

http://www.wtlw.net/pdf/headset/

This image reveals theres some variation between the drawings and the item, but these should provide more than enough reference material. That first photo doesn't show some of the complex surfacing on the mouthpiece.

plantronics_bluetooth_headsET_510.jpg

Very Nice Fellows!:

What we can do is to use the drawings that I made only as a general reference, and where they differ then use the pictures.

Thanks for the research.

Ciao

Here's some progress. I am having trouble closing the end off in the first picture. I tried loft/patch/networksurface/sweep with a point as crossection/sweep1/2 you name it, I've tried it. Anyone can help me out here?

post-282-1157476024.png

post-282-1157476245.png

Hey! Bowlofnoodle:

You are almost finishing... Nice!

Well in SW that would be a loft with some guide curves (or a Surface Fill with some constrain curves)...

Sorry, I don't know Rhino (ups!).

Very Nice work!

Here's some progress. I am having trouble closing the end off in the first picture. I tried loft/patch/networksurface/sweep with a point as crossection/sweep1/2 you name it, I've tried it. Anyone can help me out here?

I see you made a point object at the tip of the mouthpiece, I would first try to split the surface edge in two (split where the point object is), and start a new curve as crossection that goes from the point to the middle of the edge of the surface there. Then I would try a 2rail sweep, with the point as one rail and the edge there as the other rail. Use the split edge curves as start and end crossections, and the new curve as the middle crossection. You can try matching the middle curve before the sweep with an isocurve of that surface.

If that doesn't work, well, you already used some other methods, keep trying or just fake and photoshop :)

Guest MotaDesign

Here is my effort, some details are missing. Modeled and rendered in solidworks.

post-3164-1157734963.jpg

post-3164-1157734979.jpg

post-3164-1157734990.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.