Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Guest haloumis

Q: Agencies In Uk About Creative Professions

Guest haloumis

Hi

As this is my first post I would like to say that it’s nice to see a forum about product design as active as this.

I am 27 years and I work as a product designer in Greece. I have a Diploma of “Engineer of industrial Design†from a Greek university and an MSc as a “Design Engineer†from UK.

I have 2 years of “proven†working experience in this field and I am very active. Product design, how Europeans perceive it, is something new here so there aren’t many of us and people who love this profession know each other. This may sound like an ideal please to start a career, but on the other hand there isn’t anything to design since we don’t have an advanced industry and because of cultural barriers!!! I am considered well paid for my age (850E) but having lived in UK is hard to swallow that, the cost of living is the same but salaries are half here. I am thinking of migrating but I don’t know any agencies that I could contact.

Does anyone know any recruiting agencies in UK, preferably London or south, for creative or engineering professions (related to design) that would accept foreigners (EU)?

I know some websites but I feel that paying someone to promote my case will be faster.

Guest haloumis

Thanks for the link

Actually that’s the only site I have already tried. But I got the impression, by contacting them, that they don’t really deal with people from outside UK and all I got was an automated email reply.

Guest w i l l

The don't deal with most people. Despite their site being quite nice they are a disorganized and quite an arrogant company. They have wasted my time and the time of about another 5-10 professionals and companies that I know.

Guest lukepm

I agree totally about Adrem. I went for a 'portfolio review' straight after graduating and they said all i lacked was experience. In the meantime I have been working in a design office doing stuff that isnt particularly interesting. Im always on the lookout for other opportunities and I saw a number of adverts for positions at Nokia - via adrem. I contacted them and got the standard automated reply. I tried phoning them and they didnt have me on file. so i sent in another portfolio/cv. I got the same automated email.

by the way, i have been trying to apply directly to Nokia, does anyone know of any contacts?

Guest cooperkid

I have the same BAD experience with Adrem... have posted up my full CV/spec etc and applied for a job that I actually considered being overqualified for as I was searching for anything local at the time… they finally wrote back and didn’t think my CV was suitable to put forward? I thought they were very unprofessional and I have refused to have anything to do with them now.. Best form is to contact the firms direct!!