Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest chooKcha

"draw On Screen" Software?

Guest chooKcha

Hey,

I'm looking for some software that I can use with my wacom pad to draw on screen over other programs, such as solidworks. I love the ability to do that kind of thing with studiotools.

Thanks!

Guest chooKcha

Yes, but solidworks doesn't allow me to sketch and conceptulize a design before I model it. I cant draw or make notes with the wacom pad in solidworks. All I can do is use the wacom pad just like I would a mouse, and a program like studiotools does. Im looking for that functuality with solidworks. I've seen instuctors use a program like what I'm looking for. They'll circle buttons or highlight things with this software to make it more clear for the students.

Are your professors using Tablet PC's? I know Tablet PC's have a similar functionality built into Windows XP Tablet edition. I do not know of any freeware applications to annotate on screen using regular Windows and a Wacom tablet. If their is one, asking your instructors would be the best bet.

alias sketchbook pro has a thing called snapshot that'll let you take a picture of the screen and it opens up in sketchbook so you can mark or make notes on it. Not quite integrated into solidworks but it may help, use the new drawing as an underlay in sw.

Guest newt @ MWE

hey

i maybe wrong, but i am pretty certain that tablets do not currently work with solidworks. at least not in the respect of sketching out guidelines and surface boundaries. it works more like click and drag if that makes sense(similar to a mouse in illustrator).

newt