Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest three

1st Post

Guest three

hi, im learning to marker render and need your advice. i added the shadow in photoshop. let us no what you think. thanks guys

post-2489-1155585292.jpg

Guest CheckMate

hi, yea the highlight on the body is quite alright but i'm not too sure about the highlight and shading on the buttons. nice one.

Guest Dave-Deacon

the secret to marker rendering is not to use it on the entire image, markers are best used to block out solid colours and strong shadows. Try again but use a very soft pencil or if you have them pastel to create tone and shadows. keep it up and you'll get there

Guest A-train

He Tree

I would start to get the line art right before you start with markers. Get some French curves to finish of the sketch with black pencil. You will get a smoother line and more depth instead of that fine giggered line. then you can start markering. Look at stuff from Waikit to get the marker feel.

make sure your drawing is big enough before you start markering. if your sketch is too small, its bound te be a mess. you can always go smaller on pc.

Good luck

A-train

Guest pnueblet

Thats pretty good. I like the highlight and your attention to detail. But your linework needs to be refined and there's some better ways of making it pop. First decide on your light position and plot your shadow. If your shadow doesn't look right your picture wont look right. Then decide on your 1/2/3 (lightest tone, middle tone, darkest tone). Your 1 side should be all 1's and 2's in your markers and your darkest a 4 or 5 if you want it to look grey. Then make sure the cracks get dark where there's no light. The contrast between will break up the surfaces. And try not to make your makers strokes so gradient. Unless you're trying to do a really nice photo style rendering it'll look better if it shows confident strokes and some sketchyness too it. I'm not being anal just throwing out some ideas.

Guest three

i justed wanted to thank the people that replyed, i will try out the suggestion and hopefully post sum new render's. thanks alot

Guest three

post-2489-1157660204.jpghey, well i have tryed out the suggestions, so can u people out there let me no, if it's inprovment. thanks guys.

here another one

and another

post-2489-1157660324.jpg

post-2489-1157660416.jpg