Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest thisismyname09

Renderer

Guest thisismyname09

Hi there.

I'm looking for the cheapest renderer i can possibly find. im only 15, i use a cheap, simple 3d program. (milkshape 3d; $30 or so) i dont have a job, meaning i have no money. I just need something so everything i make doesnt look like junk. I'm going to assume nobody makes a renderer for a $30 program, but it can convert the file into pretty much every other 3d model format that exists.

If no such program exists, whats a good, not rediculously expensive 3d modeling program/renderer (i figure if im going to spend alot of money, i should get a better program too.) i should try to save money for?

thanks a lot :D

Look into Alias Maya or Studio Personal Learning Editions. They are free to download, or you can buy them for like $20 and it includes a fairly nice getting started manual. They're a great way to learn the tools, but any renderings you make are going to have a watermark on them.

Guest newkillerstar

Since you are young and non-proffesional, I don't mind recommending this:

Image studio - Its easy to learn, and the renderings rock the hizzy. Its cheap as far as rendering packages go - which is around $1500. Unfortunately, there is no student version.

Solution? Go on ebay and pick up a lot of used ethernet cards. Install one and then download the trial. It will attach itself to one of your mac addresses. When the month-long trial is up, install a new card, re-request the codes for IS. Shady? maybe. But it serves them right for not positioning it right and not offering a student version.

Guest mr product

15 years old and computer modelling?!

You're going to be a very powerful Jedi my young Padawan.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. I was guilty of teaching my 10 year sister Illustrator the other day...

Guest superbad

Haven't used it, but Nvidia's Gelato renderer looks interesting, and is free. I saw a nice render from Busyray a few days ago, also free (I think it's a Max plugin though). I think you'd be well suited to get a "real" modeling program though, uh, one way or another. ;) Might as well get comfortable using what you're going to end up using later on.