Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest xjamesx

P-90

Guest xjamesx

Hey everyone. Just thought i'd introduce myself with this project. My names James, I start industrial design in september at the University of cincinnati. I've been doing CAD stuff for the past year. This is something I've been working on for a bit. Its just an idea I had. Not sure if anything will come of it but enjoy. Its a a painball gun based off the P-90 sub machine gun. All the work was done in autoCAD. I still have to work out were to put the CO2 tank and run the lines. I also have a few ideas for different internal mechanisms. Enjoy. C&C welcome.

p90new2ng0.jpg

sectionyl3.png

eswfup4.jpg

-James-

Guest aqua

cool, very good start mate, Youve used autocad right, Man, ive tried 3d in autocad its well hard, too many commands heheh. Well keep it up and best of luck in september.

Guest Kiwi_Roly

Nice one fella, I'll put my order in now!

How would the magazine feed? Gravity or spring?

Guest xjamesx

It will be spring loaded. Havn't had a chance to work on it in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll get some more done soon

-James-

Guest SMAASH

nice render .. i guess u got the mesures from a airsoft p90 for small plastic BBs :)

from my first look , makes me feel that the paintballs are gona get stuck or none will pass from the mag to the chamber :S.. i read it uses a spring in order to push the balls . but those roud things just wont go down cuz u are putting a spring at the end of the mag .. its the shape and position of the hole that feeds the chamber, ill try to set it more to the back or the vertical wall and make it connect with the chamber.

good luck :)

Guest mad matt

hey nice work in cad i designed mine in 3ds max ive already compleeted making mine i used an elictronic solinoid to power mine the whole mag on top thing wont work the size of the spring ud need to push the paintballs would be to big and exert to much pressure on the paitballs causing them to break in the clip the only way to go is with a standard paintball hoper or design a low profile electric feed hopper post-7459-1161446248.jpgpost-7459-1161446286.jpgpost-7459-1161446275.jpg

Guest xjamesx

Good job. Did you use an airsoft gun for the case? Looks really sweet. Since school started I havn't even had a chance to do anything with mine. Are you going to run a line for an external tank?

-James-

Guest anand raj

nice job man! finally got someone other than me who works on autocad! waiting 4 the final render..

Guest R.B

Cool stuff :)

But consider coming up with a different name if you take it further than just playing around, because gun companies are tight with their trade marks and don't like other people using their names, and believe me, unless there licensed, they do go after people, they've gone after quite a few games companies, which is why games tend to use made up names, or things like HK's might not have the rounded front sight etc.