Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
ragde

Milk Half Gallon Tutorial

post-4562-1156701663.jpg

Of course, you can improve a lot this rendering by adding some spot lights, adding an image background, changing rendering options (more reflections and refractions etc) and so for, but for the purpose of this tutorial I think is ok like that.

And now this last "trick"...

If you are interested in printing or downloading this Tutorial...

post-4562-1156706445.jpg

Bye and...

GOOD MODELING !!

Guest Zampik

I'm not using Solid W(maybe some time I will learn it ) .....but....can't say anythink about your labels...hehe..... have to say LOL...very good man

Guest soljarag

awsome tutorial, next semester I have a solidworks class, so I can't wait untill I learn the basics to try this tutorial. I'm a rhino user, and everytime I try solidworks I get lost :) Now I'm too busy with school, so I guess I'll just wait for that class

Guest theBIGone

i am working on the tutorial right now, but i am a bit stuck in the decal bit. I use solidworks 2005, and i can't seem to get your decal screen. the only place i can enter a decall is in photoworks. So i only see a small screen which displays the deployed decal, but i cannot seem to move it with the arrow like you described it. How did you do it? I'll post a pic of whit i've made of it later today

That's correct: 2005 does not allows to manipulate the decal directly.

But, still, you can move the decal using the Horizontal & Vertical offset. (as well as the turns)

Good Luck !

Guest ayama

ragde

need some advice.

i've tried to make this bottle,

main body is filleted solid.

but i can't attach handle smoothly.

tried to do this also with fillets. bad result.

can you point the way for me how to do it with surfaces?

i've read all your tutorials, but cant imagine the boundaries of the handle fillet surface.

file is placed at http://rapidshare.de/files/36942766/can9.SLDPRT.html

thank you in advance!

post-7370-1160994695.jpg

post-7370-1160994703.jpg

post-7370-1160994710.jpg

post-7370-1160994736.jpg

Dear Ayama:

I saw your file and found that is very good,

Probably you can improve a little changing the fillet of the handle near the neck of the bottle (the mouth of it).

Where do you think is not good your handle?

Anyway, some parts of it can be improved remaking those with surfaces.

ciao

Ragde

Guest mcgreg

Great tutorial!

If I understood correctly, the spline on surface you made on post #8 was a free spline, right?! Or does it have any kind of specific measures?

McGreg

Dear McGreg:

You are correct, the spline there is a "free" one.

Just follow a nice shape. But if you need some kind of precision, then you can use one or two 2D sketches in the background as guide

bye

Guest mcgreg

Hi!

I've been doing some experimentation myself, and came up with this!

garrafa02zm1.jpg

The problem is that some of the feature commands are not available! For example, this would be the stage where I would "dome" the bottom and afterwards "shell" it! But for some reason I can't...

I've tryied reviewing the document, by "try to form a solid" on every knitted surface, but the result was the same. Also, I've made so many things on this part that it's file is already 14Mb! For the same work on your tutorial, the file was about 3Mb.

Could you tell me what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

McGreg

Hi McGreg.

I am glad that you are experimenting with the handles and the techniques on the tutorial.

I notice that something is hapening in the top of your bottle (near the mouth of it). It seems like the surface is doing some ripples there. (maybe I am no seeing very well that zone of the picture), but when you loft, you have to take care of the values of the "tangent" (or the default) for the End and Start conditions of the loft. When the value is too big it tends to make some deformation to the surface and sometimes this prevents the model from shelling.

You tell that you knitted the surface into a solid. Then you have to be sure that you got the solid. (remember that open surfaces do not solidify - DOME only works on SOLIDS). Check if you had offset some surfaces that are interfering. Check that the radius of the bottom is continuos.

One final advice: Try to do the model again from the beginning (brand new) to correct a lot of redundant things or other problems.

Just let me know your progress.

Very good Job!! keep doing!

ciao

Ragde