Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Telos

3 Car Concepts

Guest Telos

Here are some concepts I've done over the past few months. All drawn in pencil and then rendered in photoshop.

concept25final.jpg

concept27final.jpg

And here's a redesign of the Plymouth Barracuda:

Barracuda2final3.jpg

The renderings themselves are looking really sharp. You've done a really good job overall of defining surfaces, as well as reflections. The glass highlights and shadows are working particularly well.

I have to say the perspective still seems to be too dramatic and weird though. The Cuda rendering the rear ellipsse is just way too skewed, especialy since the front wheel appears to be pointing straight foward.

I think one issue on the first two is the front end is drawn extremely short. Since theres little shading to define where the side of the front transitions to the front itself, it makes it feel as if the front end only sticks out an inch from where the tires are.

You've got the photoshop stuff worked out, I think you just need to spend some time doing some loose sketches to really work out the proportions from different angles.

Guest Telos

Yeah, I agree my perspective is a little too dramatic in these. I used to have terrible perspective, so now I've gone in the other direction. I'll try to find a good middle ground between the two.